Nine News Content and Appearance

Ooh. Very keen to see it.

1 Like

New Nine News Sydney promo that premiered during The Block:

25 Likes

That is the best promo. Perfect.

8 Likes

Head to head segment on Melbourne Afternoon news. Health ministers on both sides going head to head with Alicia moderating. Quite good.

7 Likes

I can imagine that promo working in other markets, but perhaps not Brisbane. Apart from being a double header, it’s hard to imagine such a credible, serious and thought provoking promo fitting the 9 Queensland brand. Could they read that script and keep a straight face “it’s about facts, it’s about truth … it’s uplifting.”.

7 Likes

And that promo was shot during their upfronts.
Same style for ACA.

1 Like

Jane Goldsmith’s report on Sydney petrol prices coming from NBN Newcastle on tonight’s Sydney news judging by the monitors in the background.

5 Likes

That is odd, I thought they would have had someone in Sydney that could have done it.

I hope they didn’t make Jane drive down and back to find out the prices! :grinning:

2 Likes

(I think this is the right place to put this) Who thinks that 9’s Morning News should be renamed to “Nine Midday News”? I think 11am is considered midday, not morning, so maybe it should be renamed.

Midday is 12pm.

17 Likes

That’s okay, you thought wrong.

16 Likes

*12 Noon

2 Likes

Noon=Midday

2 Likes

Even if midday was 11am this idea wouldn’t work as the news airs at 11:30am.

1 Like

Tonight on Nine News Queensland it looks like the attack of the mutant viruses.

5 Likes

Too scary. I’ll avoid the news to skip the horror. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

After the Floods

It’s been one month since Victoria faced its most significant flooding event since the 1970s.

In a 9News special event starting this Sunday, we will revisit the affected flood zones to find out what happens now for the people left behind.

We return to the communities that were devastated by the once-in-a-generation floods to hear the human stories behind the families displaced, the businesses lost and the property destroyed.

Our reporters will visit the worst affected areas in the state including Rochester, Echuca, Shepparton and Maribyrnong.

We’ll also show you how every Victorian can play their part in helping these communities get back on their feet.

This 9News special event will feature across our 6pm bulletin every night next week, starting this Sunday on Channel 9 and 9Now.

AFTER THE FLOODS – A 9NEWS SPECIAL EVENT: Starts Sunday at 6.00pm on Channel 9 & 9Now

4 Likes

I reckon at some point in time Nine (and maybe Seven) will eventually move their 11.30am News to Midday.

1 Like

5pm -

2 Likes

Why’s that?