Nine News Content and Appearance

Now all that’s left would be for 10 News First to convert to these microphones. Question is - when?

2 Likes

10 have a budget for new equipment?!?

6 Likes

I recall someone else referring to them as “socks”.

They look like they would keep my feet really nice and warm on these cold winter nights.

Please Nine can I order a pair?

3 Likes

Yep, mic socks…wind socks etc.

3 Likes

Yep that’s the industry term.

Wonder if they saw everyone fangirling over the 7Sport ones in Tokyo and decided to convert.

I personally don’t see the benefit of it. Maybe when they are in a press conference it’s guarantee of the logo being show as apposed to the flag because it was below the sock? That’s all I can see as the benefit

1 Like

Sky News and SBS News have been using them for awhile too.

1 Like

Why the switch to branded mic socks now? They’ve been around for years.

They’re a million times better looking than mic flags though!

1 Like

They are probably more durable than mic flags, which get scratched and peel more easily. And easier to replace.

4 Likes

And cheaper

1 Like

10 already use them in some cities IIRC and have done so for a few years now, at least in Perth.

No they don’t, do they? They do for sport of course.

Unusually long, bungled closer on tonight’s Sydney news.

3 Likes

I actually prefer a longer closer.
Short closers makes it seem a bit rushed.
And that the Cool Hand Luke mix for the closer is 100 times better than the opening mix.

2 Likes

Was very awkward to watch. Silence in the wide shot for like 10 seconds then the music just cut in abruptly.

6 Likes

An alternative intro for Melbourne this evening, much more Sydney-like.

8 Likes

Ohh how so? I missed the beginning.

EDIT: oh crap! They’ve gone back to the white lighting!!! Finally :tada:

7 Likes

No crash zoom, instead the normal opener but it has “Melbourne” under the 9News logo at the start. Also the drop from Sydney and Darwin has been adapted, and the lights have been changed back to white.

4 Likes

A different look to the opener in Melbourne tonight. Hitch wasn’t seen straight up and there was even a titlecard in the opener and introductory sequence. Much more polished.

4 Likes

Hate to be the guy to ask, but I hope someone recorded the opener :sweat_smile:

The new title card was used when showing the coming up stories before throwing to the break.

New alternate version used coming back from the break too.

The video wall story text is also slightly different.

3 Likes

Can’t say I prefer this.

6 Likes