Nine News Content and Appearance

New mics… removed .com.au

13 Likes

Much better. I never really liked the previous ones.

3 Likes

Looks to be a slow roll out - a couple on the Afternoon News but the majority still the older version.

8 Likes

But… how will we know which website to go to?? :joy: :joy:

8 Likes

the .com.au was too crowded. I would like to see a white background with Blue 9news logo, just like the on air graphics

1 Like

Gets really dirty easily and looks generally bad after a few days’ use.

6 Likes

true true

2 Likes

Nine Brisbane promo (if that wasn’t obvious). Fonts and colour scheme “gone from bad to worse”.

6 Likes

WIN News have done exactly this with new mic flags rolled out this week.

6 Likes

And they look good (other than the wonky sticker), but once they get a bit used, they will look really dirty (see regional 7’s mics although black look bad after a few years of abuse).

3 Likes

Rare standing opening to 4pm in Queensland. Andrew in Caboolture - expected for 6pm read as well. Blue sky background looking a bit out of place today.

6pm:

9 Likes

Seems to have dumped the “No Fear, Just the Facts” idea :thinking: perhaps these are just facts…

5 Likes

“Worst To Come” is not really a fact, just a prediction.

“And TVs best coverage” is just an opinion.

2 Likes

Nine and Seven broke into programming this morning around 11:10 am in Queensland morning - a brief glimpse of the news desk but no intro then into news conference.

Closer

7 Likes

Andrew on location at Laidley tonight - that compared to MAx on Seven at Kangaroo Point

6 Likes

All that red is ugly!

2 Likes

Wish it had happened while they were on air…

8 Likes

Didn’t know there was a twitter page for the cam! Also really wanna see it on the 6pm news! Time to get rid of the old one, Seven can’t copy it :joy:

4 Likes

#firetheSkyCam

https://twitter.com/NineRoofCam/status/1526464241171329024?s=20&t=NzrznsfyYrihvP3-Er_XkA

6 Likes

Nine need to freshen the Melbourne bulletin up a bit. I don’t think content is a problem - I’ve always quite enjoyed the bulletin, but I think they need to become less static in their presentation.

They used a few nice angles for different blocks in the bulletin back in 2017-18 but slowly reverted for some reason. Should also use the network-standard white as well; the blue set colouring makes it feel a lot more gloomy.

I’m nitpicking at this point but even a bigger live shot which expands across the videowall would be nice. It’s currently 4:3 for some reason

4 Likes