Nine News Content and Appearance

Interesting thing I noticed today is that the theme music has been about a second late on the Melbourne bulletin in the arvo and at 6pm, during the intro, re-intro, outro etc.

The first Nine News WA First

12 Likes

That title card logo is horribly busy

It reads as
WA 9News, WA FIRST

4 Likes

Actually the state map looks quite good next to the Nine News logo.

8 Likes

It looks good, but then you have WA first below.
They are doubling up on the WA

It would be like having the 9news logo and then 9news first below.

2 Likes

The first elements of the “first” involved reading out Facebook replies regarding the first day of school.

Then the education minister was interviewed in “The Pulse”. Some viewers questions were included.

Second segment with questions put to a phycologist.

Changeover at 6pm

7 Likes

The old changeover is 100% better. I liked it better when Monika was on the left of Micheal.

2 Likes

The whole thing was gimmicky

3 Likes

Nine’s Morning News was delayed by 2 mins due to technical issues. After Today Extra screen went black for 20 seconds and straight to an ad break, then at 11:32 straight to Nine News

1 Like

Nine doing its usual interest rate report

7 Likes

Nine News WA First gets its own supers

13 Likes

I reckon they could do away with the WA map on their logo. It looks very ‘extra’ and unnecessary. Just have ‘WA First’ as the sub-title like what they already have and that would be good enough.

4 Likes

Nine News Late was back for 2022 tonight.

17 Likes

The supers could be improved by having the logo box on a loop transition between the 9News logo and a unique WA First logo, similar to 9Live → 9at4pm.

Instead of the bulletin name being 9News: WA First, have WA First be the actual program name and have the intro something like “WA First, with 9News” similar to The Latest: 7News. Have the 9News branding present, but secondary.

3 Likes

Is that generic city backdrop a new one?

Those graphics look horrible. 100% worse than Monday.

No, it’s not.

1 Like

Talk about inconsistency, go all out for new graphics but still in two way boxes have ‘Nine News Perth’ odd.

1 Like

Was there any mention of Rick and Sue’s world record or a congratulations from Nine News Perth?

I assume there would of been one, especially from Monkia.

1 Like