Nine News Content and Appearance

No, there wouldn’t. They could just air the highlight during the news on tape del-oh. Well, live sport doesn’t make much money for the networks anyway.

On a related note, I do appreciate the 6 o’clockers bearing with being the butt of our tropeyness.

Gold Coast viewers saw their local news at the regular time of 5.30pm yesterday interrupting the end of the wheels final. The tennis could be followed, however on 9HD as the news was only shown on 9SD (as per the rest of the tournament).

2 Likes

What will Nine do tonight for Nadal Vs Berrenttni Semi-finals match if it runs overtime? Change to 9Gem or cut news?

1 Like

If it runs only slightly over time, I think news will be delayed… but it goes past say 6.10pm, they’ll go to news.

1 Like

No worry now.

1 Like

It started at 6:00 as scheduled tonight and is only going for half an hour. I didn’t even realise until just now. Watching Seven News until the sport segment now. Nine News is also only going for half an hour on both Saturday and Sunday too so I’ll be watching Seven News on both nights.

My TV guide just also updated too. Must be a late change to cut news to 30 mins…

Has always been the schedule.

Also tomorrow night.

1 Like

Half hour bulletin is great. Less fill, more pace.

7 Likes

God I love Perth’s set :heart_eyes:

28 Likes

I think I prefer 1 hour of news to an extra 30 mins of “pre show” Open coverage. It’s overkill.

1 Like

Some other Perth shots from this arvo:

10 Likes

I like the idea of an interactive bulletin.

9 Likes

I just had flashbacks to the red “interactive” button on some Teac Set Top Boxes in the mid 00s…

That feature didn’t exactly set the world on fire. It was a bit more successful on FOXTEL though.

Why does Perth have 5pm News?

Because “Hot Seat” was giving them a poor lead in to 6pm News, so they’ve gone for this approach instead, with Eddie McGuires show at 4pm.

Same reason / deal as Adelaide.

4 Likes

I think Hot Seat has moved to 3pm in Perth most recently. Tipping Point is at 4pm (talk about the power of that show). It’s given 9 News Perth at 5 quite a boost in viewership.

6 Likes

Plus with the changes 10 made to 10 News, 9 pounced at the chance to compete against a damaged 10 News and tends to get quite close to 10 News in the ratings. They weren’t as competitive with Hot Seat being the lead in.

The pilot did ok in Adelaide so they adapted it over there too, to cash in on 10 abandoning the city.

Surprised they have not done it in Queensland.