Nine News Content and Appearance

At least we know tomorrow night is going to be chock full of “news”,

1 Like

A supermarket chocolate taste test should not be part of a news bulletin at any time of the year.

12 Likes

Of course, I agree.

A chocolate taste test wouldn’t even be ACA-worthy, if I’m being honest. More like something you’d expect to see on breakfast or mid-morning TV.

3 Likes

Commercial television news bulletins just get worse and worse in Australia.

2 Likes

Yet Queenslanders will still lap it up.

You can see Peter Overton’s earpiece (or earwig as Gibbs in NCIS would call it) taken out just hanging there, you often see this on live broadcasts I’m assuming when the presenter is overwhelmed by the director/producers talking in their ear, usually when something big is happening or a technical mishap.

1 Like

When will this fear inducing promo rampage stop? First it was my COVID vaccine, now I might be buying the wrong chocolate??!!

3 Likes

:laughing: I will be so stressed if I find out that I buy the chocolate that other people don’t like.

1 Like

You will then officially have bad taste.

3 Likes

Nine’s report on chocolate was an ad for based on

2 Likes

I find it weird with the Melbourne bulletin how they do the sport preview from the desk on weeknights, but on weekends they do the sport preview from a LED screen.

3 Likes

Why? People do eat chocolate bars year round.

3 Likes

From Nine News Melb, spot the tiny error.

4 Likes

Perhaps they ran out of room for the disappearing E on the end?

1 Like

Somethings not right in Sydney again

1 Like

Somebody needs to alert Alicia Loxley to be ready to welcome Sydney viewers to the Melbourne news.

8 Likes

Some issues in Sydney tonight.

There was bit of delay in returning from an ad break, greeted by a black screen.
A voiceover was missing some footage, with Pete apologising for it.
And Pete in then caught in no mans land … “Let’s take some direction… do you want me to go to an ad break… yes, let’s go to an ad break” whilst looking at the wrong camera.

3 Likes

This has turned into coronavirus, if you like, for Nine News Sydney (but obviously not as catastrophic as there were no deaths).

Whilst they recovered from the disease (that disease being the technical issues/cyber attack causing technical mayhem for a few weeks), they are still experiencing ongoing symptoms (technical issues here and there).

3 Likes

Probably not the best term to describe the gremlins.

Nine Sydney’s had plenty of technical issues even before the cyber attack a while ago.

13 Likes

Because I just happened to catch it, a few screencaps:

True, but they’ve increased in frequency recently.

Nine News Sydney are going to lose viewers if they can’t get the errors to an infrequent level soon, I think.

4 Likes