Nine News Content and Appearance

Oh here we fucking go again. DOES :clap: NOT :clap: MATTER :clap:

24 Likes

So it’s worth interrupting a program on another channel for, say, five minutes of a sporting match?

2 Likes

:roll_eyes:

2 Likes

I just choose to ignore comments like that. It’s a tired argument

5 Likes

:roll_eyes: :roll_eyes: Ummm I’m pretty sure there are multiple ways people can adapt to this.

Ah yes. The cycle.

34 Likes

you know you’ve posted this like 19 times already, right? we’ve heard you then, you know how we feel

6 Likes

They’re wouldn’t be need to move the news to a multichannel like 9go because of a (barely) 4 minute golden point exntension.

Multichannels sometimes have multiple delays due to it sometimes not counting ads with the program length in the EPG.

1 Like

Need to add “still better than Seven News Perth set” haha

3 Likes

Charles seen live into 4pm in Sydney but pre-record for Brisbane. Must be getting ready to go live at 6pm in Sydney and possibly Melbourne. I find it interesting how they manage the staggered live reports for each market.

Brisbane

5 Likes

Yes, NBN News doesn’t often get crosses to network reporters live, at least early in the 6pm bulletin, it’s either a pre record introduced as a “XXXX filed this update a short time ago” or it’s not until about 6.20pm.

2 Likes

Sydney got the live cross at about 6:07 then Melbourne around 6:09. Brisbane however got the first cross at 6:02.

Similar for a cross to London.

7 Likes

They’re not a generic look-live?

1 Like

Surely not with all the LIVE captioning seen tonight.

8 Likes

Could they be pre-recorded?

Not with LIVE plastered all over the screen.

It’s pretty easy though, the producers would just allocate times to fit around a schedule. So as above you’d have the reporter do a cross at 6.02, 6.05 and 6.07 (then maybe 6.32 for Adelaide) or something, same script just throwing to different presenters.

4 Likes

It is easiest when the story isn’t TOO prominent and can be scheduled at a time that fits each bulletin. Like last night it was slotterd in very early for Brisbane while Melbourne had to have an extra story run before the live cross compared to Sydney.

It becomes harder when it is a prominent story and might be expected to be first in the rundown. What seems to be done then is there is a pre-recorded part to the story plus a live cross. So Sydney will get the live cross followed by the pre-record and Melbourne vice versa. Brisbane usually gets the backgrounder and a prerecorded cross.

3 Likes

More updates in Melbourne tonight.
This time the set lighting has been updated to match closer to that of Sydney/nationally.
Notice the lighter red colour and light blue strip above the video wall. Previously the red was darker and the blue strip was white.
The left side of the video wall has a blue hue behind it too which looks similar to Perth’s lighting.

Great changes. Set is looking much better now.

Previously/last night:

8 Likes

Whilst I usually would be happy to see tinkering like this, I feel they need a massive overhaul. It’s looking tired.

Going back to blue strip lighting isn’t going to do anything.

They need some alternate presentation angles. Visual update. A better skyline cam. 4K cinematic resolution so it’s the whole screen.

Only thing that would make the set better is a desk with one screen.