Nine News Content and Appearance

Would say Tony is far more humble IMO.

1 Like

NINE NEWS BUDGET SPECIAL

Tuesday 25 October 9:40 pm - 10:00 pm

Nine News Budget Special hosted by Peter Overton in Sydney and live to Charles Croucher in Canberra.

4 Likes

Tony comes across as a nice guy.

1 Like

Alicia Loxley on location in Shepparton hosting Nine’s 4pm Melbourne news.

4 Likes

The 5pm Perth bulletin is very… odd.

The format of ‘your questions answered live’ is weird too.

4 Likes

Nine News Melbourne broke into afternoon programming today.

4 Likes

I discovered the reason for the “pause” now that I’m on the Gold Coast, Bruce Paige does a preview of the 5.30pm Gold Coast bulletin whilst the 4pm QLD presenter (Paul Taylor today) reads out the “Coming Up” items. Shame WIN QLD doesn’t do the same thing,

The more I watch this, the more this comment is accurate.

For someone outside of Perth and has no clue what the segment is about, what questions are usually asked, and who answers them?

Yesterday was something about why the Centrelink Health care card isn’t national, and today something about walking dogs in 40 degree heat lol

Viewers send in the questions.

2 Likes

New graphics on Nine News Melbourne.

It shows a full screen map with the location of the LIVE cross before swiping to the reporter, and the map appears in the bottom right for a few seconds during the start of the cross before disappearing.

4 Likes

I briefly saw the end of it. I think it’s just for the floods?

2 Likes

Video

5 Likes

Not a fan of that implementation to be honest.

1 Like

Actually looks like they are using it for most/all stories according to this unrelated live cross

2 Likes

Such a map is pointless on a local bulletin because viewers would know the proximity of suburbs like Kerang or Hampton.

I would argue rural areas like Kerang make sense. I’d have had no clue where it was otherwise. Inner Melbourne suburbs though I can’t see why you’d need the map.

7 Likes

Yeah I think doing it for regional areas makes sense but it’s not required for metro

Eddie McGuire admitted on Hot Seat tonight that he didn’t know Taylors Hill was in Melbourne, and he’s as Melbournian as they get, but agree map isn’t really needed, the presenter could just say “Live now to Adam Hegarty at Hampton in Melbourne’s south east”

1 Like

I feel like it would be good on NBN/Nine News Tasmania, which will broadcast to a area not just one city.