Nine News Content and Appearance

Really? Weird.

It’s wrapped around his fingers - what else is he going to do with it but put it back on?

7 Likes

Maybe only when a police officer shows up.

1 Like

Don’t be contrarian for no reason. The messaging is very clear. They don’t wear them on camera so they’re easy to understand especially for hearing impaired people.

10 Likes

Live shot has been swapped to a shot of Melbourne Park in Melbourne.

11 Likes

As usually happens during the AO each year, 9 Gold Coast News is being shown on the SD channel while the tennis continues in HD on LCN 90.

7 Likes

9 News at 5pm in Perth will be rebranded to 9 News WA First. Returning January 31.

16 Likes

That seems…pointless?

6 Likes

I assume the name is a dig at 10 News First’s Sydney based presentation.

8 Likes

Makes sense. Local stations in the US are doing this with new 7pm bulletins, framing them as more in depth and getting answers to differentiate them from their 6pm bulletins. Allows them to push more local news without hopefully diminishing their existing edition. Good promos for local connections too.

2 Likes

Agree. Differentiating the 5pm bulletin from the 6 as more of a newsmagazine that covers the local issues in depth is smart

The “WA First” brand pushes the local angle as well as bring a clever play on word on their rival 5pm news over on 10

I like it

7 Likes

Aha, if people are stupid, then that is their problem. There is a reason for things. They need to suck it up, and get on with life.

1 Like

I guess at a time where animosity toward the media is already pretty high and people are looking to pick holes in what they do and how they do it, anything they can do to mitigate that makes sense to me.

2 Likes

8 Likes

Sounds clunky… Can’t see a name change helping them win the slot off 10

5 Likes

Last week 10 News First beat Nine News at Five, 4 out of the 5 days, while Nine won on Monday. The difference is only 8K or less between the two.

2 Likes

Clunky name for sure. obviously they want to appeal to the whole state and not just Perth, but 9 News WA Live at 5 has more words but might sound cleaner.

9 Likes

Same deal with 10 News “First” - the First in 9 News WA First is stupid because Seven are literally in air an hour earlier.
Unless it is meant to be interpreted as like “First Edition” (before the 6PM bulletin)??

4 Likes

I interpreted it as WA FIRST - putting WA stories first

5 Likes

exclusive interview with the parents of four-year-old Cleo Smith, with some horrified at the prospect the little girl will be quizzed on her ordeal on camera.

The deal reportedly includes a plan for interviews with Cleo’s mother Ellie Smith and stepfather Jake Gliddon to air on the networks’ news programs and flagship current affairs program 60 Minutes.

It is also rumoured Cleo will be asked to front the cameras, with the interviews to be spun off into print reports in Nine newspapers and a six-part special for Stan.

4 Likes

Are they serious?

9 Likes