Nine News Content and Appearance

What happened with the news sources today. Did all the networks pool as all that footage and network reporters aired on all main networks in the main bulletins.

Did 10 show 9’s coverage live, with the 9 anchor?

@foxyrover yes.

Wow, with anchor vision? And was the reporter supered and introduced as 'Nine’s"…?

1 Like

Why? 10 had a reporter there. Why were they airing others’ coverage.

No. 10 anchored their own coverage from Studio 10.

10’s reporter was only via audio at the start of the 10’s coverage, later they have a vision link set up.

2 Likes

Who is the guy in the olive shirt?

1 Like

Sevens Tom Hartley.

Gosh it doesn’t look like him in that cap

Pretty bad look on 10 when they need to use Nine’s James Wilson for their coverage.

Also I saw the moment that James took off the 9News branded mic and placed it into the bushes. He probably got word that they needed to share the coverage.

When James was on 10’s did you hear Mark? And also James mentions “Mark” several times so 10 viewers would be a little confused.

1 Like

I was watching Studio 10 and they had the vision but didn’t use the sound. I figured it was from another network and switched channels to Nine and heard the matching sound.

1 Like

During the 5pm News, 10 just used footage that featured Wilson prominently. No audio. They had their reporter on the scene for a cross though.

Also, can’t see 9 wanting to disguise their presence, re. the mic flag.

1 Like

Here’s the moment a camera man from another network (possibly 10) told James to “share the vision”. Second screenshot shows James pushing the Nine branded mic into the bushes!

1 Like

Nine News broadcasted for almost 2 hours live at the scene, and caught the reaction of the family hearing the news that they found AJ.

Here’s the first 25 minutes on YouTube, while the full live coverage is available on 9News Facebook page.

5 Likes

Seen at 12:00

Pretty amazing treatment if it can reach 9 out of 10 Queenslanders - who knew that many had back pain to start with.

1 Like

Given how the 6pm news ratings have been in both markets recently, surely I can’t be the only one who’s terrified that this approach to “Special Reports” might be about to make it to Nine News Sydney?

Two newsrooms unite to launch 9News Lunch daily podcast

Two of Australia’s most experienced and technologically advanced newsrooms have collaborated to make national news bulletins even more accessible, with the launch of daily weekday 9News Lunch Podcast .

The 10-minute national news bulletin is presented by Nine Radio journalists Amie Meehan and Natalie Peters – working with the newsrooms of 2GB, 3AW, 4BC and 6PR – and utilises the resources of 9News’ award-winning team of journalists.

Accessible every weekday from 12.30pm via all major podcast platforms, 9News Lunch Podcast will allow listeners to stay up-to-date with the latest developments in local, national and international news. The bite-sized bulletin is a perfect lunchtime snack for busy people wanting the latest news on the run.

“The 9News Lunch Podcast does exactly what it says on the tin – a comprehensive snapshot of what’s unfolded in news across the morning,” said Hayley Bourne, Nine’s Head of Digital Audio.

“This is a great example of the power of Australia’s biggest media company, collaborating internally to create on-demand, credible content for our listeners, at pace.”

9News Lunch Podcast is available now through Google, Apple, Spotify, 9News.com.au and Nine’s Radio websites.

5 Likes

All news outlets get credit for trying, but I really do wonder if people actually go “oh wow I need to get some news, I’ll just listen to a podcast”.

These offerings seem to come and go with the seasons and probably won’t last long.

8 Likes

Yup, nice idea but it won’t last.

Also the name is hardly catchy, no matter which way they’re trying to spin it