Nine News Content and Appearance

They would have to make a fast and quiet exit out of the studio without being seen in frame. The floors on that set are so goddamn noisy as-well (watch Amber Sherlock do the weather)

I believe there was 4 studio spaces in the plans shown on this forum?

Yes we need a new thread.

I’m not a big Today Extra watcher but couldn’t they just introduce a package and then go to tape, then reappear at the desk?

Today Extra normally starts with the news headlines then heads into packages/interviews.

Looks like your thread is gone mate.

Don’t know if things have since changed, but the floorplan pics submitted to North Sydney Council in March 2019 included a Studio 21, 22, 23 and 24.

I’d be willing to guess that most of the flagship programs are likely to come out of either Studio 21 or 22, with smaller things likely to come out of either 23 or 24.

1 Like

NRL coverage on news promo

1 Like

Studio D will house ACA and regional news. Studio B is news, Today, Today Extra, and WWOS.

6 Likes

Thank you.

Can you confirm if they’ll be on air this week?

Late October - mid November. No date set in stone yet.

3 Likes

Morning and Afternoon News will probably come from the regional / ACA studio.

2 Likes

I reckon the Sydney 4pm bulletin will most likely be presented from the same set/studio as the 6pm news.

But if Today Extra is being presented from the same studio as (the main) Today after the move, yeah I’d probably expect the 11.30am bulletin to be presented from the regional/ACA studio. I’d imagine that Nine News: Early Edition will also get the secondary studio treatment.

2 Likes

Sydney 3/10/2020

7 Likes

Perhaps one studio is big enough to act as two negating the today extra and news handover.

Brisbane news tonight

4 Likes

The end shot looks so dull. Can’t afford the power bill?

7 Likes

Is it just me or is that backdrop for sport look lopsided?

2 Likes

There was a very quick fade at the end of the bulletin to get to the NRL on time. It was slightly brighter a microsecond before that cap.

4 Likes

Jonathan’s hair looks a bit greyer than usual. Perhaps he’s tired of all the Aldi and other tabloid reports at Nine News Queensland?

7 Likes

Or tired of the weekend gig. He is probably next in line for the weekday sports presenter gig if Wally Lewis leaves the network in the next few years.

1 Like