Nine News Content and Appearance (2015-Sept 2020)

5 Likes

Thanks for those!

Looks like they forgot to remove the standard Nine watermark whilst that “Amber Alert” text box was up (most noticeable in that last cap).

2 Likes

Looks potentially like just the HD part is overlayed on top of the nine news graphics to me.

Just found this gem of a channel…Showcases numerous big events and times Peter and Jo presented together in the early 00s.

6 Likes

Tonight’s Nine News Melbourne from the Music Bowl:

Watch out for the ‘interesting’ closer.

7 Likes

Nine News Darwin are again having fun with their annual “Breaking News” update on Santa’s progress (you may or may not remember that the 2014 update even made it onto ABC World News Now in the US!), including even a live cross to Elizabeth Creasy at “the North Pole” and an interview with “Santa”!

I’m not sure how to properly embed the video, but it’s currently pinned on their Facebook page for anyone who wants to see it.

13 Likes
6 Likes

It’s actually Peter Hitchener’s official YouTube channel which I posted about a while ago :wink:

What time of the night was that aired?

If that was part of the 6pm news bulletin, then I think it’s a bit rich to expect the kiddies in bed before 7pm. Not even NBN’s Big Dog dishes out that kind of punishment.

2 Likes

I couldn’t say for sure but if I’d have to guess, probably sometime during Carols By Candlelight.

2 Likes

New summer promo from 9 News Brisbane https://twitter.com/ABernhardt9/status/813209980127977472

1 Like

Hmm…a revised version of this 2014 promo:

3 Likes

Apologies for the double post but if I’m not mistaken, today is the first time this “Afternoon” version of the current Nine News titlecard has been used since the current graphics were launched:

Unfortunately I can’t seem to convert/edit the recording, but a still is better than nothing right? Probably a rare capture, since there’s usually a different graphic used for the Nine News Now > Nine’s Afternoon News transitions on regular bulletin days.

7 Likes
6 Likes

Sydney’s Christmas Day News:

6 Likes

Gold Coast presenters tonight

8 Likes

Brisbane promo - examples of 2 x one minute versions and 30 second edit.

5 Likes

Has the Sydney bulletin replaced the opening voiceover completely now?

They are still using the Peter Harvey VOs for Overton, GG and Deb and probably will continue to do so for as long as those three are still at the network presenting Sydney news bulletins.

8 Likes

It is just that they don’t have a Harvey V/O for Fordham. I also don’t think it will change for a while yet especially given that Seven News hired a more senior V/O guy for their 6pm bulletins just recently.

1 Like