Nine News Content and Appearance (2015-Sept 2020)

News Update Perth. Using a different angle.

13 Likes

I have been watching Nine’s national Afternoon News this week, and I know why they rate poorly. Between 4.10-4.45, is absolute rubbish content, most of which is from American-affiliate ABC. I think Nine reducing the Afternoon News from 90 minutes to 60 minutes will limit them repeating stories over and over again and make the bulletin much more fast-paced.

Nine News Now, and Afternoon News 2 1/2 hour marathons are really quite poor. It’s too much, with too little content.

2 Likes

News Now should just be incorporated in the Afternoon News, with that itself shedding to half an hour from 4 to 4:30 (or even 3:30-4 - as It’s already too close to the 6PM News [as is Seven]). If they want to do a rolling coverage format, do it properly, with interesting stories as well as actual breaking news (and possibly on GEM, both have similar target audiences)

Don’t they currently have a 5PM half hour which covers all the top stories?

If I’m correct, they got rid of the 5PM half hour and replaced it with Hotseat repeats.

They still have news at 5pm, which actually rates the best out of the full 90 minutes despite the 5pm News rating behind The Chase and usually TENFAF. But yes it isn’t half-an hour. The finish time can range from 5.15-5.27.

However, due to the extension of Hot Seat to 60 minutes in 2017, Nine’s Afternoon News will be cut by 30 minutes. But in my honest opinion, they could comfortably do the bulletin in 30 minutes.

1 Like

If I’m not mistaken, Hot Seat usually starts by 5.25pm most afternoons. Once Nine extends Hot Seat (which I personally think is a very bad idea), I suspect that the news will end and the game show will start around 4.55pm just like Seven’s Afternoon News/The Chase Australia already does.

1 Like

Presumably, that is if they don’t make further changes to the daytime line-up, which is required IMO, right back to after the TODAY show finishes.

2 Likes

It has become more about who has the most news than delivering accurate, informed, comprehensive and fresh news.

1 Like

Thanks for the clarification

1 Like

Nine are shooting new promos for the Sydney 6pm News, so I hope they are really good focusing on, what I believe, is Sydney’s best commercial reporting team.

4 Likes

Hmm, very interesting.

I wonder when they’ll launch. Prior to Peter Overton’s return to Nine News Sydney for 2017, or perhaps earlier than that…

2 Likes

Nine News Perth tonight.

Lastly a Crimestoppers super from STW9 back in the late 90s

9 Likes

Nice.

Are you recording all of this? Could you upload to YouTube if possible? My hard drive is full.

Nah sorry, was only taking caps LIVE, usually it be replayed in full on 9now later tonight or tomorrow.

1 Like

The graphics on Nine News Perth are so much damn nicer than that of Seven News. Doesn’t help that their set is fantastic :wink:

4 Likes

Nine News super just appeared on the bottom of the movie “Red Dog” in QLD with a scrolling ticker advising of an Amber Alert.
Will start recording now and try and get a cap of it.

1 Like

Also airing across all 9 channels, saw it on 9Gem & 9Life.

2 Likes