Nine News Content and Appearance (2015-Sept 2020)

Or a good as the old Gold Coast live shot?

6 Likes

Ahem.

12 Likes

That “NEWS” font that WIN used back then looked positively EVIL, didn’t it.

4 Likes

A work of art compared to…

Luckily none of these are currently in use and the networks adopted something a bit less shit. Take note SC!

13 Likes

Was that WIN? I’m not sure… Can’t find any clues in that cap :confused:

3 Likes

at least they didn’t need a watermark back then… plenty of other “clues” to remind us all which station we were watching.

2 Likes

Remember when WIN plastered that crappy WIN map of Australia all over Nine Perth (was some WIN9 crap) when they took over. Was around 2007-2008. I think things would’ve been better if WIN didn’t take Sunraysia to court over Presser’s (owner of Sunraysia Television) decision to recommend the shareholders to sell the network to PBL Media although they offered less than what WIN was offering back in 2007.

Nine News Perth would be in much better shape.

Not sure if the cap also was from WIN News WA.

4 Likes

It sure was.

The version shown in the above caps had the Nine logo removed.

6 Likes

that map is disgusting :mask:

2 Likes

I remember the station signs near Yokine had plastered the WIN Network logo over the dotless Nine logo and near the station’s signage for a few years. Then a few years later back to Nine branding. A quick search on Google Maps can give you a shot of the signage.

New wide shot.

13 Likes

Christmas on the Gold Coast

7 Likes

First For Gold Coast wipe

6 Likes

That 9 News Gold Coast set is so bad.

It could be improved so much by a few simple things:

• Replace the printed static skyline shot with a live shot on a giant plasma
  • Replace the painted cream/baige walls with some backlit light boxes and perspex
  • Replace the matte floor with a nice Gold Coast feel wood.
5 Likes

Yes agree, and get rid of that silly breakfast bar as well. Replace it with a proper glass top that covers the whole desk.

The backdrop doesn’t even need to be a giant plasma, just two 60" screens with narrow bezels pushed up next to each other. $2-3k investment, max. I don’t mind the side walls but would add some dark elements for depth (especially behind the plasma) and replace the silver trim with some timber.

Also the tree is ridiculous in that space. Would much prefer something fun like fairy lights draped around the top of the set.

4 Likes

FIRST FOR GOLD COAST… Jesus Christ, can they do grammar properly?

4 Likes

Brisbane have a tree too. But not ever Today and Today Extra have Christmas decorations up yet.

The Brisbane one is not seen much in any camera angle -does make it in the closer though.

Otherwise

4 Likes

The latest home viewer competition on Nine News Sydney. The graphics were only SD, so that’s how the caps get presented as:

Short promo highlighting Chris O’Keefe’s Walkley’s win:

1 Like

‘First for Big Stories.’

Sounds terrible, looks amateur. Ten featured it in their 5pm bulletin, so they weren’t first.

5 Likes