Nine News Content and Appearance (2015-Sept 2020)

Think Hitchener was reading last Monday’s headlines, and not tonights?
He or the control room must have quickly realised when the vision was not matching his script on the headlines vision and left the rest of the headlines vision roll on, whoops!

5 Likes

Yes, It was last Monday’s headlines that started off. Peter quickly realised that it was wrong and stopped reading the headlines. It went silent for at least 10 seconds.

3 Likes

You mean Nine News “Local”.
The format that they have chosen to relaunch with is really weird.

3 Likes

I highly doubt this will happen, but here goes anyway…

Nine: With 10 News First essentially axing their local 5pm bulletins, you’ve now got a golden opportunity to seize. Please don’t waste it!

5 Likes

@SydneyCityTV They’re a little too desperate for 10’s 6pm audience:

6 Likes

Adelaide will definitely be keeping their afternoon news at 5pm after this.

3 Likes

Yes interesting to see what will happen to Adelaide’s 5pm weekend bulletin on Nine, as well as the 5pm weekend bulletin on Seven and Nine.

It’d be more likely they move to Seven News Perth. Nine tried :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Worth noting that they deleted the tweet shortly after posting it lol.

2 Likes

It would be so ironic if Monika was picked up by Nine. Three networks within a year.

5 Likes

I can’t imagine how she must feel though.

Monika for news and Michael Thompson for sport?

9 Likes

Not enough to get people to switch to Nine.

They need Rick and/or Sue.

1 Like

She would be a good pick up for Nine in Perth. But I don’t think any network is currently hiring or recruiting in this environment. I still can’t believe Seven have 2 presenters on both weekdays and weekends over there.

2 Likes

Anything is possible, but we could end up seeing Monika on the ABC.

1 Like

No chance Nine is going to spend an extra cent in Perth in the current climate.

On a sad day for TV news in Brisbane at least we’ve still got something to laugh at from Nine :wink:

9 Likes

looks like they tried to copy the Ekka graphics:

7 Likes

cough paid promotion cough

4 Likes

Did somebody say Menulog?

Looks a lot like it!

22 Likes

So…not the Ekka at all. And the dagwood dogs and strawberry sundaes were already back last weekend…

2 Likes

That drive through was a few days ago.

This is the promo.

3 Likes