Nine News Content and Appearance (2015-Sept 2020)

I think it was in 2010.

Those tour videos have been removed from YouTube unfortunately. Some of @blackbox’s best work.

4 Likes

The set launched in February 2010. Can’t tell you the exact date though.

13 Likes

You can really see how much Studio 3 has changed given the big videowall they have since installed along the left-side of the set.

1 Like

You absolute legend, so many people thought those videos had been lost of the hard drives of Nine News

5 Likes

I absolutely love that newsroom backdrop

2 Likes

Truly one of the best sets we have ever had in Australia. Even ten years on it doesn’t look dated. Such a shame that it isn’t used to its full potential anymore. I like how it mentions Nightline, what would have looked great from this set. This set really marks the turn around of Nine News and Current Affairs.

6 Likes

Also found this 2010 time lapse of Studio 1/21 at TCN on the @CQtvNetwork channel.

I have a few questions if anyone would mind answering them:
  1. Today is featured in this time lapse. I presumed it didn’t move into it’s own seperate studio until the 2012 relaunch.
  2. The window to the news exchange was on a curved angle. I presume it was not able to have a different backdrop (such as one for a specific story). I am basing this of when Today had to go into Studio 23 in 2012 that the news exchange backdrop remained (note the curved angle behind GG).

Cap from YouTube
  3. When did Studio 23 undergo an upgrade to introduce the side plasma. IIRC it was late 2015/early 2016.
1 Like

Correct.

It’s an angled glass panel looking into the news exchange. The panels to the left behind Georgie were prints.

Yes, it was around that time IIRC.

4 Likes

‘Coping with COVID’ graphics

It’s ‘nice to have’ clothes and shoes? I would say having clothes and shoes is a ‘must have’.

3 Likes

Probably a reference to designer clothes and shoes, but I agree.

2 Likes

On the contrary, what better time to re-establish society under nudism?

Hopefully this series won’t be entirely made of stupid enterprise reports.

1 Like

If you’re not going out much you probably don’t need NEW clothing.

2 Likes

2 Likes

Please don’t use Skype unnecessarily. Poor audio, poor picture quality, time delays and dodgy set ups. Not to mention some loss of jobs. It’s fine in the current environment but, unless some serious technical advances occur, I wouldn’t be looking to rely on them in the long term.

14 Likes

Isn’t HD iPhone and Zoom much better in quality?

2 Likes

Unlike Nine to make all other mics more prominent than theirs in news footage.

NBN and SCA wouldn’t be too pleased.

5 Likes

Wearing black because of Virgin Australia?

3 Likes

Ugh no Skype shouldn’t become a go-to. It should be a last resort.

8 Likes