Nine News Content and Appearance (2015-Sept 2020)

Didn’t get caps of these unfortunately, but there was a fail in the headlines - “1978-1917” for Joe Jackson. There was also a rare camera zoom-in + usage of the liveshot for the first story (from what I’ve seen, a static camera shot & report-specific graphic is used for the lead story most nights these days) on tonight’s Nine News Sydney.

What I did manage to snap…Sam Cucchiara playing on his phone during a live cross!

5 Likes

Brisbane bulletins were saturated and perhaps a bit over the top with coverage of that story. There were watermarks, exclusives, first on scene etc but not much extra could be offered by any station though Seven did have surprising exclusive dash cam vision. Nine opened with breaking news of a “major police operation”. But the live report revealed the operation was already over an a false alarm. :thinking: Unfortunate dress colour tonight.

5 Likes

My memory failed me slightly, but still a blunder:

10 Likes

It is a look-live, basically meaning we are trying to look live but we aren’t. We only do live crosses in areas where they have the facilities for it, such as Darwin.

3 Likes

The whole thing is just way over the top, the watermarks over readily available images and over saturation of red in the studio… no thanks.

2 Likes

Yet another missing headline during a break playout of tonight’s Nine News Sydney…

There was also a report about how we were affected financially over 2017-18 and as you’d probably expect, Ross Greenwood and the floor graphics were wheeled out again!

6 Likes

Promo plus advice on radio simulcast

6 Likes

Those red colours should really be permanent for the GC set. Looks about 1000x better.

9 Likes

Agreed. Makes the set look sharper, not plain like the previous colours.

1 Like

New set on Monday? :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Weather on the Desk… Literally.

18 Likes

Does Alicia cross to herself for the coming up at 6pm segment of the 5pm news?

1 Like

Similar to this.

1 Like

Nine reporting peaceful end to Sunshine Coast seige

3 Likes

Holed up?

What’s your point?

they should present weather there, have the presenter squat down in front of the desk!

2 Likes

Its the right way to say it…i thought held up was correct but its not weirdly.

1 Like

I love a good slav squat, sign me tf up

1 Like

The correct terminology.