Nine News Content and Appearance (2015-Sept 2020)

there are no negotiations, this has been fact for around 3 months now, as I said weeks and weeks ago. And February 2017 start.

4 Likes

Nine News wins the year in Sydney and Melbourne.

[quote=“TV.Cynic, post:362, topic:148”]
9 Gold Coast Bulletin- Wendy Kingston solo:

[/quote] Thanks, I do agree the GC needs a new, fresh V/O (probably a female). Harvey’s V/O is probably suited to Sydney’s more formal bulletin.

[quote=“killy06, post:363, topic:148”]
So many elements of that broadcast are so cringeworthy,
[/quote] Tell me about it, nearly the entire bulletin’s presentation is questionable.

1 Like

I could understand keeping them in use for a few weeks after his death, but over three years on I think it’s time for Nine to move on from the Peter Harvey voiceovers…even here in Sydney.

3 Likes

Agreed, they should really use the guy (forgot his name) that use to do v/o for the Melbourne news from the 90’s to 2011.

Ken Sparkes? I think he may have since retired from voiceovers (apart from very occasional ones, like the lineups for The Amazing 80s/90s) although I’m not 100% sure on that.

1 Like

What was the point of building a new studio on the Gold Coast and still broadcasting the news in SD? A HD news service would have been a point of difference from Seven’s bulletin.

I also hope that as well as spending money on setting up regional bureaus that Nine Brisbane would invest in some better studio gear to improve the quality of their main bulletin.

1 Like

New studio? I thought that Nine Gold Coast News is still based at 50 Cavil Avenue.

But I do agree that it would’ve been nice to see Nine launch HD production for the bulletin. Hopefully that happens before Seven (surely Seven’s Gold Coast news studios would have to be HD-ready?) finally decides to launch a HD simulcast of their main channel on the Gold Coast!

As we’ve said many times before, Nine News Brisbane definitely needs some new studio equipment. I don’t know enough about the technical side of things, but one can only presume that they’re using older (probably hasn’t been upgraded once since the switch to widescreen all those years ago?) equipment at QTQ because the picture quality of the studio cameras/graphics (quite possibly the two easiest bits about a news bulletin to get the picture quality of 100% right) looks really bad from what I’ve seen!

But at the moment, one would imagine that Nine News’ biggest priority is Perth. I wonder when they’ll move into their new studios, presumably post-Olympics?

[quote=“SydneyCityTV, post:557, topic:67”]
But at the moment, one would imagine that Nine News’ biggest priority is Perth. I wonder when they’ll move into their new studios, presumably post-Olympics?
[/quote] Yes in August.

As described in this video as “new studio” (0:12) with everything new, extra cameras etc.

3 Likes

My recollection from a post on the old forum was that the Gold Coast News is effectively produced remotely from the Brisbane studios, so no upgrade at the Gold Coast end would be enough to make the news HD.

2 Likes

That’s right. As far as I’m aware Gold Coast News is produced from one control room at Nine Brisbane while the 11.30am, 4pm and 6pm News is controlled from another. The Surfers Paradise set up doesn’t have a control room on site.

1 Like

Does regional QLD still have Sydney news updates at 8pm and 9pm on the weekends since the new affiliation? @TV.Cynic @NQCQTV2

NO. 1 IN SYDNEY FOR SIX YEARS RUNNING

NO. 1 IN MELBOURNE FOR FIVE YEARS RUNNING

NINE NEWS can once again lay claim to an early victory in the ratings year in Australia’s two largest cities.
At the end of the 22nd week of the 40-week official ratings calendar, NINE NEWS has won all 22 weeks in Sydney and 21 weeks in Melbourne on an average weekly audience measurement, putting it in an unbeatable position.
It marks the sixth consecutive year that NINE NEWS has claimed the ratings crown in Sydney and the fifth consecutive year in Melbourne.

For the year-to-date, average audience figures are as follows:

2 Likes

Nine News Brisbane had exclusive pictures tonight from their helicopter of a five-year-old girl who was being comforted by police after being found after missing for almost 24 hours.

These exclusives will be gone in a few weeks after beancounters decided to pool their helicopter with 7.

“The new danger in buying off the plan apartments”, said Georgie Gardner in a Nine News promo, but it was accompanied by a picture of the Australian Olympic team accommodation in Rio. Good warning, I wouldn’t have bought an apartment off the plan in Rio in the Olympic Village.

3 Likes

Oh dear Nine News Sydney…

They should know how to spell one of the city’s MAJOR suburbs correctly.

9 Likes

you mean ‘Oh dear single person who’s obviously made a slight error during what was no doubt a long and busy day’

3 Likes

While I’m sure it was just a typo and completely unintentional, to misspell a major Sydney suburb is still a very embarrassing look for what is the #1 rating local TV news service in Australia’s largest city! :confused:

1 Like

not an excuse, you’re in the #1 market at the #1 news service. Do your job properly or give it to someone who will. These sort of errors are becoming more frequent at Nine News.

6 Likes