Nine News Content and Appearance (2015-Sept 2020)

He still delivers stories like he’s at the sports desk. Not sure about any one else, but I find it really irritating. It’s like he still has an underlying adrenalin or excitement in his voice, even when reading for stories of tragedy.

4 Likes

I think I’m going to bite my tongue from what I said earlier in the year about ‘Thommo’. He’s terrible at presenting news. Shafting Tim and Emmy was a disaster.

If they wanted a solo presenter, they could’ve at least put Tim (or Emmy) on Nine Live while the other stays on 6pm. Disaster continues year after year at 9 Perth.

6 Likes

Agree. Not sure what it is but both Seven and Nine have been doing this nationally when they get a new set.

It is expected that Chris Uhlmann will be banned from Parliament House for a period after Nine News breached the rules by filming Michaelia Cash sending text messages, The Australian is reporting.

5 Likes

Not a mistake this is just the old greek spelling

1 Like

Alicia Loxley is presenting Afternoon News from the Moomba Festival at Alexandra Gardens on this public holiday in Melbourne today.

5 Likes

Brisbane’s NRL coverage promo, courtesy @ScreenTower :

The only thing remotely appealing is the team shot at the end.

3 Likes

What’s the red square over the S on the 9News logo in the second cap?

Part of the transition to ‘AT 4PM’.

2 Likes

“And remember kids, join the Hitler Youth and you can Sieg Heil like Wally too!”

7 Likes

New closer… here in Sydney.

15 Likes

Inconsistent use of the logo, with the 2008-09 font for “NEWS”! :confused:

5 Likes
5 Likes

New Perth titlecard featuring ‘Thommo’

5 Likes

A fair evaluation there. I just hope he makes the changes.

2 Likes

I daresay Pete is probably used to this sort of thing by now!

For better or worse, I can’t see Sydney’s most watched local news taking many ideas from Sydney’s least watched local news anytime soon.

I personally would’ve thought the cameras at Ten Sydney (presuming that’s who you’re referring to) might be automated TBH.

Although I can’t argue that Nine never should’ve automated the cameras - there were considerably better/more fluid on-air angles prior to the change. Things went quite flat after that, although there was a slight improvement when the newer robotic cameras were installed for the current set.

1 Like

How many viewers doesn’t relate to the production quality of a news bulletin. All im saying is Ten and Nine both use automation and Ten don’t have problems like Nine.

2 Likes

I’m well aware of that, and I’m certainly not trying to make a direct link between the two.

For what it’s worth, I personally think the production standards of news at both Nine and Ten have their individual strengths and weaknesses. I also don’t think you can properly compare the news services of Nine and Ten in general - the flagship evening bulletins of both have different timeslots, budgets, priorities, etc.

I’m well aware at what you are saying too but what I’m saying is they both use the mosart automation and 1 has more problems than the other. Not comparing who does what.

3 Likes

I actually agree with your point, regardless of what news service they are or how many hours of news they produce, its fair to say that Nine has staff that clearly don’t know how to operate the mosart system, as i have said before if you go onto youtube and time in Nine News Sydney bloopers or technical issues a whole list will appear.

1 Like