Nine News Presenters and Reporters (2015-Sept 2020)

“Petey” drinking on the job tonight.

15 Likes

Mark Burrows is presenting Morning News & Sydney Afternoon News today

1 Like

I’ve noticed Sydney reporter Sophie Walsh has been reporting in Melbourne since Sunday, not sure if she has moved to Melbourne permanently?

6 Likes

She confirmed on Twitter that its just for this week.

2 Likes

Ahh cool, must be filling in for a regular Melbourne reporter who’s gone on holidays or something.

It still wouldn’t be overly surprising if a reporter currently at Nine News Sydney is expected to leave soon though, with Darren Wick recently including a listing for a permanent reporting position at TCN along with the 12 month maternity leave position (for Kate Creedon).

1 Like

Peter Overton threw his hands up in despair at more automation gremlins tonight!

Footage of Tiger Woods was meant to be on air when Cameron was forced to do the VO on camera.

Actually, he took it pretty well… “Those computers!” he quipped.

8 Likes

I tell you what…9 have that much problems with automation they should go and see how Ten do it. Ten uses the same mosart automation minus the robotic cameras and no mistakes!

1 Like

Maybe it’s the cameras causing some of the issues… in the one I posted last night with Petes’s hands in the air, perhaps it was a case of the cameras kicking back in when they weren’t supposed to?

They blame the computers, but someone has to set up the Mosart rundown, and also someone is there progressing it through the rundown. There is a human factor there, and from what I’ve heard about Nine’s abilities with Mosart, it’s a much bigger factor than people are giving it credit.

3 Likes

Definitely. Mosart is used by many broadcasters around the world for automation and almost none of them have problems with the same frequency that Nine does.

1 Like

Tonight was Michael Atkinson’s last night as sports presenter on the Gold Coast News.

He is heading back to QTQ with Sam Squiers returning from maternity leave tomorrow night. Dominque Loudon is returning to Nine News Gold Coast.

6 Likes

A question that @Read_It_First may or may not be able to answer: Knowing how Nine News Sydney has seemingly used it’s Northern sister station as their main “training ground” for newer on-air talent in recent years (Davina Smith, Chris O’Keefe, Yvonne Sampson pre-Fox League, Sophie Walsh & Zara James are names that instantly come to mind), do you by any chance know if it’s possible that we may see one or both of the reporter vacancies for TCN taken by current/recent QTQ reporters?

Just for what it’s worth, I personally think Alex Bernhardt, Clare Hunter & Rob Morrison (in no particular order) are probably the best reporters currently/recently at Nine in Brisbane from what I’ve seen. Although I’m not really in the loop when it comes to the internal operations of either newsroom, somehow I actually wouldn’t be surprised if TCN were interested in picking up the services of at least one of those aforementioned three from QTQ.

Sylvia Jeffreys, Wendy Kingston, Leila McKinnon too.

The Gold Coast seems to have a better presenting and reporting team, IMO, than Brisbane. Brandan Wolfe is pretty good.

When Nat Wallace first reported on Nine News about two or three years ago, I thought he was an exceptional reporter (he comes from NBN). However, the station’s sensationalism seems to have destroyed this.

3 Likes

I would probably add Joel Dry and Aislin Kriukelis to that list. Shame because the other reporters aren’t as polished.

Since Aislin is used on Today often, maybe she might make the move south?

4 Likes

I thought Tessa Hardy (Scott) & Jessica Millward (and if still at the network Lauren Gianoli) would also make the TCN cut! Very polished IMO.

2 Likes

And Karl Stefanovic

We were talking about TALENTED reporters. :wink:

So true. Given their national presence (Joel doing a brief stint in Canberra) and their abilities to present, they are reasonable suggestions.

6 Likes

Tim Davies presenting Early News this week.

1 Like

Mark Burrows presenting Morning News & Sydney Afternoon News today.

2 Likes

Peter Overton presenting tonight’s Sydney bulletin from Tathra. I’d expect that Deb will be presenting from the studio with non-bushfire related stories.

4 Likes