Nine News Content and Appearance (2015-Sept 2020)

Early News didn’t air on New Year’s Day this year.

National Afternoon News airing in QLD, NSW, SA and WA again this week.

3 Likes

Also no bulletin on Boxing Day whereas Seven aired the Early News bulletin on Boxing day /New Year’s Day.

1 Like

So Nine News (Sydney) is sponsored by Officeworks now…

1 Like

Hmm, this is new. Nine News Melbourne just ran an Officeworks ad as part of the news bulletin (during the ‘coming up’ bit) before the actual ad break.

3 Likes

4 Likes

Yes, Officeworks ad gutterboxed in the ad break before sport.

6 Likes

I’m guessing Nine won’t do any negative stories on Wesfarmers from now on.

3 Likes

Unrelated, but that ‘Coming Up’ strap looks gorgeous

4 Likes

Same ads airing on Nine news Adelaide…

1 Like

Oh great, so I guess that means we’ll soon see some “Special Reports” on Nine News promoting “the amazing savings” at Officeworks as the Back to Work/School seasons approach? :roll_eyes:

Mind you it’s not as if Seven can take any moral high ground because they did something similar (at least an letterboxed ad-thingy) for a cruise company some time ago. In any case, here’s some proper caps of Nine’s integrated advertising/sponsorship for what it’s worth:

13 Likes

It’s actually funny, cause I work at OfficeWorks :joy::joy::joy:, I haven’t heard anything in regards to this ‘partnership’, but I’ll keep you guys posted!

9 Likes

Also shown on Nine Melbourne.

Subtitles were recorded off air.

Looks like, if you want to get around this pre roll. Tune into Nine Local News!

10 Likes

Got it in Perth too, looks the exact same, except with different headlines under the ad.

Is someone able to upload a video, I have been in japan, I wouldn’t mind seeing how this actually worked.

3 Likes

Seems like it’s no different to a billboard?
I’ll think you’ll find the way of tv broadcast will be a lot of brand integration and deals. Hopefully not news content but at the end of the day networks need to find new ways to earn money I guess?

1 Like

Brisbane’s version (at 4:30 )

3 Likes

Brisbane 20sec promo

1 Like

It’s just a billboard. I don’t really see a problem with it. It’s not as though it’s before a story or integrated or anything.

1 Like

Can’t blame @TV.Cynic for being cynical about this after showing us what Brisbane churns out as “news”.

7 Likes

That’s how he gets his name after all :sunglasses:

1 Like