Nine News Content and Appearance (2015-Sept 2020)

I’ve noticed they put the interviewees on the right. This happens during the Melbourne afternoon news as well.
I don’t mind it though.

8 Likes

June?

what do you mean by fake curves?

Not just the capitals. We have this promo airing in Townsville with a Samantha Heathwood voiceover!

2 Likes

They always place guest to the left of the host. Has happened for all the capital cities with the last set too.

Why can’t this be the national backdrop for the morning news instead of the giant swirls and globe

14 Likes

Cause they want to suck their viewers into the vortex bubble of 9news.

2 Likes

d87de9fdb5bb78ce11f4fef8b72e90e585ae83cc_1_512x288

The graphical element at the top and bottom… looks ridiculous when you already have a natural curving screen.

6 Likes

Hopefully it will be fixed soon, but with luck they might take the opportunity to do what Melbourne has done and use a live feed that’s different to the 6pm news. The Rocks might be nice (perhaps George Street from the Cahill Expressway with the Harbour Bridge in the distance?)

Melbourne’s afternoon news is a loop. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

They have reverted back to the preview before the final ad break with Peter Overton signing off the update with “Tonight at 6 and in your local bulletins across regional NSW”.

3 Likes

Someone (maybe Peter Overton) walked out in front of the camera at the end of the news:

13 Likes

Sydney 4pm set shots:

8 Likes

The second time I’ve seen the wrong shot being used for an intro making the background useless:

Amber is presenting from Bondi for some reason.

5 Likes

Probably something to do with Sculpture By The Sea?

Also, I think tonight might be Amber’s first forecast on location since Jacketgate.

3 Likes

Actually, I have just wondered, if it’s across regional NSW, what does Albury get, because for the Border North East news, in the weather, it says Albury-Wodonga, but why doesn’t Albury get a NSW local news, and if they do, why does our weather on BNE news say A/W and not just Wodonga, this is really confusing, I am taking a guess that Albury gets our Victorian based news, but if they do, where does the transmission stop in NSW, I can’t remember, but I am sure I have heard about Wagga in our news too.

I’m pretty sure that Albury (and also other towns on the NSW/VIC Border like Deniliquin) get the Victorian-based Border/North East version of Nine News.

3 Likes

All of Albury’s TV, including the news, is Victorian as Albury is within the Victorian TV licence area.

The main reason is geography and the way radio signals work. With radio signal essentially covering a circular area, the only way to create a signal that will cover other “Border North East” areas such as Wodonga and Wangaratta would also include Albury. It’s impossible to make the signal stop at the border, and if a separate “NSW” signal was implemented in Albury, it would have the same issues with overlapping into NSW.

The largest hill in the area is Mt Barranduda, which is actually located south of Wodonga and is responsible for the TV and FM radio signals for the area. The only hills available in Albury aren’t tall enough to give the coverage required of a full power signal.

Realistically, Albury is also far more aligned to Victoria geographically. The closest major town (excluding Wodonga) is Wangaratta about 45 mins away, whereas the closest major town in NSW is Wagga Wagga about 1.5 hours away. It is also far closer to Melbourne than Sydney.

Albury is essentially the last town in the broadcast area - the signal does reach other small towns heading north, but stops before Wagga Wagga using normal gear. Wagga Wagga has it’s own TV signal as part of the Sourthern NSW licence area.

There is however good cause to included stories and weather for neighbouring towns. Since people will travel between towns that are up to 1-2 hours away without considering it to be “far”, it’s not uncommon for people to work and have family in neighbouring towns. Therefore, news stores from Wagga Wagga are often going to be relevant or of interest to people in Albury. The news is about giving good coverage of the region, not just the bounds of the town and pretending anywhere else doesn’t exist.

7 Likes

it’s funny, because our tv channels are albury, so like Prime7 Albury 9GoAlbury etc

that clears up a lot of things for me, my family wonders why we always get bendigo news stories, even they are more central vic than north east