Nine News Content and Appearance (2015-Sept 2020)

It looks like the big screen on the ACA set…because it IS the big screen on the ACA set.

As I’m sure we’ve established by now, most of Nine News’ Sydney-produced daytime (semi) national bulletins and ACA definitely use the same set/studio. Obviously the lighting and screen backdrops are changeable with the cameras/desk getting rotated between programs. It’s called using the studio space to it’s fullest potential, something we all know that Nine Sydney is generally very good at! :wink:

3 Likes

What was the story?

Yeah, I jut must have missed that they moved into that studio. I thought it was only tiny

Gerard Stone, 60 Minutes review.

1 Like

[quote=“Leostar, post:389, topic:67, full:true”]
Yeah, I jut must have missed that they moved into that studio. I thought it was only tiny
[/quote] We thought it was really tiny too but I think they got a slightly smaller desk which would have helped. ACA moved their when they got the modified set with the grey skyline at the start of the year.

1 Like

It is tiny. The camera looks like it is almost touching the back wall in that cap, it’s incredible how huge they make it look on TV.

Is that studio automated?
Would explain the lack of room needed for a cam op behind the camera.

I think so.

Yep, it all is. :slight_smile:

They do that “stop and check” for all feeds :slight_smile:

A few caps of the “Severe Weather” coverage (which just for the record, there was about 15 minutes worth before going to other news) on tonight’s Nine News Sydney:

5 Likes

9 News has quietly launched dedicated Facebook pages for 9 News Brisbane, 9 News Adelaide and 9 News Melbourne

9 News now has local Facebook pages for

Adelaide
Brisbane
Darwin
Gold Coast
Melbourne
Perth

Only Sydney does not have one.

3 Likes

Yes it does… 9 News Sydney

5 Likes

They’ve had them for a while now, few months ago in this thread someone said they didn’t have any local news pages so I checked and I saw the pages up all under 50 likes (most of them had 30ish)

2 Likes

I stand corrected. My mistake.

NBN needs to follow suit and change the NBN Television Facebook page to NBN News - and launch 6 local NBN News Facebook pages - (like & QLD, Prime7 and WIN do) the current one is market wide and is Newcastle news dominate.d

I’m surprised 9 News has never had a local pages. Seven Melbourne has gained a lot of traction and viewership through its local facebook page.

1 Like
10 Likes

I’m loving these behind the scenes videos with Peter. He’s got Facebook, YouTube, a website and more only very recently. A bigger attempt to engage viewers, and he’s so charming and friendly how could you resist!

11 Likes

He added me on snapchat! Top bloke

2 Likes

[quote=“BJT2, post:29, topic:230”]
‘ABC News Breakfast’ moves into its new studio, towards the end of the year (or early 2017), Im predicting we’ll see a new set and look. Larger, more versatile, with an open viewing platform for the public to view.
[/quote] This reminded me that in August, Nine News Perth is relocating to their new studios in the CBD. I really hope that the view isn’t wasted like it was when Nine News Adelaide moved. Defeats the purpose. They could at least have Today Perth News uses shots of the CBD for the new look.

1 Like