Nine News Content and Appearance (2015-Sept 2020)

[quote=“SydneyCityTV, post:263, topic:67”]
Nine News Perth will get the tweaked supers (presuming that there aren’t any branding changes before then, of course), HD and other automation-related bits when they move to their new studios later this year (I think it is).
[/quote] I believe they are making the move to the new studios in August. Hopefully, they use the location to their advantage, unlike NWS Adelaide. Maybe Today Perth News can have a live Perth backdrop.

2 Likes

Montage of the full bulletin, for those interested!

5 Likes

Good to know.

I completely agree. Although sadly, even just transplanting the current Nine News Perth set to the new studios would probably still be better than the “set” that Seven News Perth currently has!

2 Likes

What’s going on in Sydney tonight?
wrong camera in weather bit. and NRL story had wrong supers all through it. The split screen live cross locations titles appear to be cutting on after the split gfx… its all abit slow and clunky I had to make an account to comment!
Georgie looks nice though.
Oh and belindas mic cut out at the end :s

must be loose friday

1 Like

Sounds like that automation at work again! :wink:

Due to the NRL yesterday, Queensland received a local edition of the First at Five News, anchored by Sophie Walsh.

1 Like

A few mistakes in that sports report. Sutcliffe referred to a goal as a try. lol

Also

Tomorrow evening

No wonder people are switching over to Seven News if errors like this are the norm. Those work experience kids in the background need a kick up the arse :slight_smile:

Is it just me or is the ticker a darker blue?

2 Likes

It sure looks like it to me…

1 Like

Awkward bit of automation fail tonight on 9News Melb. At the end of the headlines the intro globe graphic started to play with its “BOOM” and then the studio camera didn’t crane down so it just sat there. Awkwardly Peter started.

Automation for ya!

https://www.9now.com.au/nine-news/vic/episode-71

Earlier this week, Sydney have changed the text on the super used for the late afternoon news updates (during Hot Seat).

They have replaced “MORE NEWS” that was in blue text with “STARTS” in red text.

It’s the 2nd time they’ve changed it in just a few weeks.

1 Like

Its currently 5.52pm AEDT and there’s still 15 minutes of game time in the Sunday NRL game.

Will Nine delay the 6pm news in Sydney or switch the game over to 9Gem?

1 Like

They’ll probably just delay (and slightly shorten) the 6pm news in Sydney. Not really worth moving the game over to 9Gem for the sake of five minutes and besides, Nine Sydney will probably smash it in the 6pm ratings as they usually do on most Sunday nights when there’s an NRL game played by two Sydney teams as a lead-in!

1 Like

Are the Dragons a Sydney team? I thought their home base was in Wollongong?

Both. They split home games between Sydney and The Gong.

1 Like

Yeah, the Dragons are based in both Wollongong and the St George region of Sydney so I probably should’ve said one and a half Sydney teams when referring to today’s lead-in match.

In any case, tonight’s Nine News Sydney is now on after starting about 9 minutes late! :wink:

To save money?

there was around a 10 minute delay for a seriously injured player to be helped.

2 Likes

Yes I recorded it (and for those wondering, it was a cut to Sam Burgess injury footage during the lead story about a suburban shooting - something that probably could’ve happened even without automation) but probably won’t upload it. I’m not quite sure whether the error was due to automation or not, but Peter did make an on-air apology for the error and moved on after that.

From what I’ve seen, Peter Overton generally always handles technical errors (including tonight’s) rather professionally.

While I do think that the switch to automation really should’ve been made over Summer rather than February, I don’t think Nine will be panicking too much for as long as mistakes are kept to a minimum (live news bulletins will always have occasional errors, with or without automation) and the ratings remain at a satisfactory level. Lets see how the news service is handling things in six months time before coming to any major conclusions.

1 Like

This weekend Queensland received local editions of the First at Five News hosted by Darren Curtis. Saturday because of the elections and Sunday because of the NRL.