Nine News Content and Appearance (2015-Sept 2020)

Here is the National Afternoon News bulletin presented from QTQ. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bL0ozzuyPRY

1 Like

At NBN: “Which coverup should we use?” “Both of them”

1 Like

For some reason, Nine National Afternoon News was broadcasted LIVE into Queensland, followed by the local edition at 4.15pm. Of course, I am not complaining and in fact I think that this is how it should be. Davina even gave a special send off mentioning that QLD viewers should stick around for local news.

Oscars were live, most likely the reason.

2 Likes

Just noticed that there was a studio interview/cross from 9 Brisbane on Today this morning. The studio shot and interview appeared to my eyes to be in HD. Any reason why Today would get the HD treatment, but the Afternoon and Evening news still remains in poor SD?

Different studio? Perhaps using a field camera in the studio to make it HD?

2 Likes

Sydney has been having a bit of trouble with their weather graphics the last couple of nights.

Last night there were no 7 day forecast temperature graphics for the city or west.

Tonight the city 7 day forecast temp graphics were there, but again no such temp graphics for the west.

Just seen this in Adelaide. Any other cities got this backdrop for updates?

1 Like

Last time I checked, Perth just has a camera shot of the desk during updates.

Just very odd to see it - actually reminds me of NBN

2 Likes

Was Nine in Melbourne due to get studio automation? Things look a bit different tonight (camera movements, sound effects etc.).

Maybe GTV switched to studio automation today?

Yeah, I believe that Nine Melbourne was supposed to get studio automation in February (both Sydney & Melbourne were mentioned in the TV Tonight article) but I’d have to check on that.

In other matters, I’m a bit surprised that none of our Sydney members mentioned the print ad for Nine News Sydney (complete with “Sydney’s Number 1”) which was on the back of The Sunday Telegraph’s “Showguide” for the 2016 Sydney Royal Easter Show included with yesterday’s paper. Certainly the first print ad I’ve seen for a Sydney TV news service in a while anyway.

Yep GTV9 is now automated.

News update that just appeared in Melbourne was different to usual. It has the new 9news.com.au super, and the new version of the globe on the right.
Other minor changes too.
Assuming these changes were present in the bulletin but I wasn’t home to see it.

3 Likes

I’m guessing that it’s the exact same look supers that have been used on the Adelaide, Sydney and national bulletins for a while now.

1 Like

Certainly is! :slight_smile:

From my understanding, come the end of this year QTQ will be the only network newsroom still using a manual (better) studio process.
Not at fan of this automation crap at all.

1 Like

Melbourne opener from tonight. The transition sound effect has been tweaked and the opening shot of Pete is different. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S_v31q2iBX8

1 Like

Like the aforementioned supers, I’m pretty sure that the transition sound effect is the same one used on Sydney/national bulletins.

Presumably, Nine News Perth will get the tweaked supers (presuming that there aren’t any branding changes before then, of course), HD and other automation-related bits when they move to their new studios later this year (I think it is). As for Brisbane, who knows really…

1 Like