Nine News Content and Appearance (2015-Sept 2020)

Renée

1 Like

No that’s not really a spelling mistake… “Hal” should be “Hall” :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

An appearance of the old look titlecard loop, after the Headline Recap on tonight’s Nine News Sydney:

Just a simple mistake or was it intentional? Afterall, tonight’s bulletin just might be the very last for this set…

15 Likes

Much prefer that title card tbh :stuck_out_tongue:

10 Likes

Why would it be intentional? Obviously a wrong button pushed or a wrong element inserted.

Seven Brisbane to Nine Brisbane
Melissa Downes
Wally Lewis
Sarah Harris
Darren Curtis
Frank Warwick
Michael Best
Why wouldn’t Kay go…she’s been stuffed by Seven…stick it up them and jump ship.

The new studio… check the video advertising 9 News Syd on their facebook page (uploaded on Saturday afternoon and pinned at the top of the page) a few views of the set throughout the 30 sec video.

That promo has been on heavy rotation for almost three weeks and was done using the Perth set (which is a pretty clear indication that Sydney/Melbourne will be pretty much identical).

3 Likes

So new set tonight I assume?

I’m pretty sure that Nine wants their main anchor to debut their new set, and in this case Pete Overton returns tonight (100%) so I am 99% sure that it will be tonight, unless if something was to happen ofc…

But in all honesty, there’s nothing wrong with GG or Deb Knight launching the new look as well.

1 Like

It’ll be an exciting night for us media spy viewers. Will be interesting to see how big it is

2 Likes

A couple of other things to keep in mind.

*Tonight’s bulletin will be a shortened one due to the cricket.
*Knowing how Nine News Sydney uses social media, I’d expect a fairly clear indication of a set launch (other than the promos we’ve already seen) via photos posted to Facebook/Twitter.

I’d imagine that the exact launch date for the new Nine News Sydney set would depend on whether they want a full hour to launch the set, something they won’t get tonight.

But in any case, I definitely expect Sydney’s new set to launch on a Sunday night and during a bulletin that Peter Overton is on board for. I mean, Nine even went as far as having Pete on board to launch the new graphics before taking about a week off the bulletin (possibly going over to Perth to film the promos) in October!

1 Like

Yes!

Happy New Set Day, everyone :sunglasses:

5 Likes

Don’t you mean Merry Christmas?:wink:

2 Likes

I did say it’s LIKE Christmas, not that it was Christmas :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Any ideas on when Brisbane might see the new set and an upgrade to HD?

I not expecting to see a new set tonight. Tomorrow instead.

3 Likes

when will melbourne get a new set

From what we’ve seen… I am going to assume that Melbourne would see the set tomorrow when Hitch is there.

1 Like

New set - on Nine? I thought the tennis was on Seven. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

6 Likes