Nine News Content and Appearance (2015-Sept 2020)

Must say, from what you see on the Sydney the promo, the new set looks really good! I love the desk

1 Like

Nine had vision of a Go Fund Me page, so I daresay Ten are wrong.

5 Likes

I believe the wording was (TEN reporter Ellesa Throwden) “We were told by the streakers that a television network had picked up the bill”.

1 Like

Graphics error in Sydney tonight.

Amber was discussing interstate temps this point.

4 Likes

Did the wardrobe ladies cop it because she matched the “high” colour on the map?

Ok I’ve had my turn haha

8 Likes

She was probably just banned from wearing white

3 Likes

Yeah it’s funny how that nonsense may well have resulted in an unconscience/unintentional overreaction. I’d think avoiding the colours of the background would be a high priority (after rule 1 of course: Avoid the chromakey colour [green or blue]).

1 Like

There’s a lot going on in the background. About the only safe colour to wear would be white.

5 Likes

Video courtesy of the Daily Mail.

2 Likes

:rolling_eyes:

5 Likes

National bulletins are continuing this week despite the local bulletins returning “mid-Jan”.

Glad to see there’s now a custom image for events like this. sarcasm

13 Likes

My first thought is, shouldn’t that go into the mocks thread?

3 Likes

Seven has been doing the same thing for a while.

1 Like

More footage of the new 9News Melbourne set on the 9newsmelbourne instagram story today.

Video can be viewed here (until approx 6pm on Thursday): https://scontent-syd2-1.cdninstagram.com/t50.9793-16/14394464_609446222572149_8212655086942289920_n.mp4

Screenshots:

9 Likes

I think it’s gonna look different to the Perth set. Any ideas?

Perhaps smaller and less complex but still with very similar features just toned down?

5 Likes

Are we expecting Sydney’s new set on Sunday night and Melbourne’s new set on Monday or what?

Personally, I’d actually be rather interested to see how Nine News Sydney & Melbourne introduce their biggest set change in nearly eight years to their viewers on night 1. A full on-air tour by the presenters? A timelapse clip showing the new set being built? A news report on the history of the On-Air Presentation of Nine News? All of the above? Something else entirely?

Any other network and I’d probably say they wouldn’t bother introducing a new news set with fanfare if there wasn’t a studio move. But we’re talking about Nine News 6pm bulletins in Australia’s two biggest cities, Nine News’ strongest rating markets by far and bulletins fronted by very popular newsreaders in their respective markets.

Nine News Sydney at least very regularly makes mentions of presenter/reporter/behind the scenes people milestones on social media and even during the bulletin at times. Surely the first new set in nearly eight years and one which is already a major game changer before even being used on an East Coast 6pm bulletin (with Seven News Sydney beating Nine to the punch with a red “Breaking News” mode on their nearly year old set - they’ve obviously seen the promos and are aware that a new set is coming to Nine!) deserves some sort of On-Air fanfare?

6 Likes

Feed dropped out from the helicopter in the Hunter.

5 Likes

A person just yelled out “I f$&ked her right in the :smiley_cat:” on a live cross to Lauren Barker around the closure of south road here in Adelaide!! :eyes:

9 Likes