Nine News Content and Appearance (2015-Sept 2020)

So it apparently will be:
3PM: Nine News Now
4PM: Nine News Live

Wouldn’t that sound a tad confusing to viewers? Doesn’t the title Nine News Live make the title Nine News Now redundant (Now vs Live)?

1 Like

I’ve been of the opinion since the start that Nine News Now should be rebranded to something else. It’s barely a news program.

Use the news desk, keep the format exactly the same, but just rebadge it Afternoons on Nine or something so the main Nine News brand isn’t tarnished by celeb trash and useless Chatroom segments.

9 Likes

THISafterno … um. Wait.

Maybe not.

Back to the drawing board

10 Likes

I am definitely going with that.

[quote=“Tom_TV7, post:2473, topic:67, full:true”]
Scherri-Lee Biggs as the anchor [for Perth]
[/quote] I honestly hope not. Surely Tim or Emmy, Tracy Vo, Ebbeny Faranda, Michael Genovese or Lee Steele will anchor. Nine can’t be that stupid that they will allow a model to do the bulletin.

I think we will see Brett McLeod for Melbourne and Jayne Azzopardi for Sydney.

If anyone should be presenting it should be Ebbony Faranda. This idea of local broadcasts is an alright idea but I really don’t see the need when Nine pretty much produce 7.5 hours of news on there main channel. I often hear people complaining about these local broadcasts because it’s near 6pm and they tend to repeat the stories… but of course these people don’t have to watch the afternoon broadcast but still.

1 Like

You’re implying she doesn’t work for the station or present the weather for them at all. You do realise she was studying communications at uni, which would qualify her much more than if she was just a model.

Lee Steele should get the gig. She’s STW’s best presenter imo.

3 Likes

From Monday Perth are producing an hour bulletin at 4.

Nine News Extra

2 Likes

Terrible that regional viewers will be subjected to a capital city focused bulletin at 4:00pm just as Nine are expunging the 6:00pm capital city bulletin from regional areas in Qld, Sth NSW and Vic. :scream:

2 Likes

Maybe once the regional bulletins start, Nine could use the 4PM local news to cover state-wide including regional stories?

2 Likes

It’s possible that the Syndey/Melbourne bulletin will remain the same and just be re-branded.

2 Likes

I think that Nine wants to be seen as a news heavy network and really, they actually air 11.5 hours of news/current affairs programing each weekday when you include all the various bulletins plus Today, Today Extra & ACA.

Unless/until we hear otherwise, I personally think that NSW and Victoria (as well as Tasmania & Darwin, we can’t forget them!) will probably continue to get the current semi-national edition produced from Sydney on Monday but with the new branding.

That said, I would really like to see either Seven or Nine do a proper Sydney edition of the Afternoon News at some point.

1 Like

I don’t see this likely they could eventually launch a news channel.
If they wanted .

2 Likes

What’s missing is late night and overnight.

5 Likes

9 really need to update Sydney live backdrop. Quality is so bad compared to what 7 has. Don’t know if it is the screen or the camera quality. Whatever it is, it is bad!

1 Like

I think the camera taking the live shot is SD.

7 Likes

Thanks, I didn’t know about the studying. I have never really understood the logic of employing her though.[quote=“TheHubMan, post:2485, topic:67”]
Lee Steele should get the gig. She’s STW’s best presenter imo.
[/quote] I second that and she is due back from ML (unless she has already returned) so fingers-crossed. Remember, Steele did the short-lived local Morning News for Perth and would be a perfect fit.

My Foxtel EPG says Emmy is presenting the Afternoon News.

Meanwhile News Update today.

5 Likes

Not sure if it’s been running for a while but I just noted a Melbourne promo from the new set.

Monday launch? Bit odd running promos showcasing the new set if it’s not launching for weeks.

11 Likes