Nine News Content and Appearance (2015-Sept 2020)

The weird thing with that is that he looked like he was still looking in Ken’s direction…

I thought Amber was normally off to Peter’s left (other direction to Ken and where he was facing).

2 Likes

Yes Amber is too Pete’s left. But the camera next to Ken is used for the single-presenter shot with the small vertical plasma, so maybe that is what Pete thought they were doing.

2 Likes

Probably the stage manager’s fault (if they even still have one?) for not shifting Pete over to the correct camera. It looks like he is looking off to the side camera as @nationalnews mentioned.

I guess you could blame automation if it means they have done away with a stage manager.

Edit - have just been watching Studio 10 and Joe referred to their technical difficulties as the “channel 9 gremlin”. Sounds about right!

3 Likes

Longtime floor manager Mike “Pops” Moore signed off (complete with an On-Air farewell as you’d expect from Nine News Sydney) after 42 years at TCN back in March.

I strongly doubt that Nine News Sydney even still have a floor manager in the automation age.

3 Likes

Ewww

3 Likes

Jayne Azzopardi presented the morning news today, and Peter Stefanovic presented the afternoon News.

2 Likes

A different angle of studio 3.

14 Likes

Not quite sure where to put this but development documents pretty much confirm that Nine has chosen North Sydney as it’s new home in Sydney.

Documents for the redevelopment of 1 Denison St show a ~3,000sqm newsroom on level 1 (including a small production studio and several other studio spaces dotted around the newsroom, potentially open plan) and a separate ~460sqm production studio with direct access off the street via a private lobby.

The location is pretty tucked away (ie surrounded by narrow laneways on every side) and none of the studios appear to be directly off the street so a Martin Place style studio seems unlikely. Obviously these are very early plans so take the layout of the studio spaces etc within the newsroom with a grain of salt.

Street level (see separate little area to the right):

Level 1:

6 Likes

That looks really good :o

3 Likes

Since when did they change the colouring of that red panel (on the plasma stand to the right) to a blue one?

3 Likes

A camera angle I haven’t seen before…

11 Likes

LOL, was it deliberate or more gremlins?

I’m pretty sure that’s a relatively commonly seen angle (crossing back to the desk from weather previews), however the position that the presenters are facing isn’t…

2 Likes

Shocking audio during sport tonight, can’t hear half of what Clint is saying.

7 Likes

Why is he on the left of the desk where Livinia sits?

1 Like

Not sure. The other side of the set looks the same as always…

5 Likes

To my mind, that camera angle is normally zoomed in, we normally only see Peter in it.

I don’t think Amber was meant to be in that shot, as she is facing a different camera.

1 Like

Audio problems on Nine News Sydney, on the first two stories, and Overton dropped out momentarily.

12 Likes

Testing out new angles for the new set? :wink: :stuck_out_tongue: