Nine News Content and Appearance (2015-Sept 2020)

Audio problems on Nine News Sydney, on the first two stories, and Overton dropped out momentarily.

12 Likes

Testing out new angles for the new set? :wink: :stuck_out_tongue:

Seven News has very little interest to me, I hardly ever even read the forums on it.

I haven’t much watched Seven News since Roger Climpson retired, I mostly watch Nine.

8 Likes

If the new look Nine News sets (outside of Perth which already has theirs, of course) were to be launched before the end of this year, I think we would’ve seen them on our screens by now…

2 Likes

That wasn’t directed towards you. It was more a comment on how Nine’s gremlins are to Seven’s advantage. Seven must be overjoyed by the problems that have plagued Nine in recent times. Nine’s woes could only be worse if Seven had sent someone in to indulge in some sabotage.

I was a regular Seven News viewer during the Climpson and Ian Ross eras but I just get so irritated by some of the stupid decisions they’ve made over the years. I admire your ability to steer clear of those topics.

7 Likes

All good!! Nine are really dropping the ball with these stuff ups. Mistakes and failures are inevitable, but there have been too many recently.

Probably the most unused videowall in TV history made an appearance. Although its from Today Perth News I put it here as it’s the same set as Nine News Perth.

5 Likes

I swear they should just have a feature story (or a big one) a few times a week that’s presented from there.

3 Likes

Peter Overton accidentally read the first few words off the auto cue that were meant for a live cross to Lizzie Pearl, who was at the ARiA Awards…

Those words were “And I am” (Lizzie then continued with “And I am at the ARiAs…”)

Not sure why it was on the auto cue for Pete then.

3 Likes

They used it for sport tonight and for a studio cross.

2 Likes

Caps?

9now.com.au news / Perth :wink:

2 Likes

First time I’ve seen this part of the set used. Don’t know why it wasn’t used earlier or it’s taken this long to use this videowall. I guess they still playing around with the set before the other markets get it.

8 Likes

I wasn’t sure where to put this but some interesting marketing material for Black Magic cameras…

6 Likes

It’s arguable that they’re still playing around with automation in the two biggest East Coast markets.

You’d really like to think that we won’t have so many major errors plaguing Nine News in Sydney and Melbourne once newer sets launch in those markets, but personally I have rather strong doubts. The newer graphics certainly didn’t reduce the frequency of automation woes in Sydney and Melbourne…

1 Like

Oh my a big blooper involving the weather graphics during the preview in Melboune tonight. A Windows error box featured.

6 Likes

It was a “meme” about Melbourne’s spring failing to install, they introduced it as such.

10 Likes

quality meme

10 Likes

Nine News Adelaide bulletin OB from Adelaide Oval Thursday and Friday this week.

2 Likes