Nine News and Current Affairs

Hello. You might need to be more specific, e.g. which city’s Channel 9 news are you after?

You could also contact the National Film and Sound Archive in Canberra, or the Australian Television Archive https://www.austvarchive.com/, or the TV station that had the original bulletin.

1 Like

Hi.
It would be South Australia at around 5:30pm. As they had the Australia vs Pakistan 2nd ODI final to be broadcast at 5:30 but the news which showcase a lot of the Port Adelaide v Geelong exhibition match from 5:30 to 6pm.
I’m specifically after those highlights from the footy that evening.

1 Like

Bump.

Have you tried doing these, as suggested:

1 Like

this is a media forum not facebook

QTQ-9 Newsbreak with Dean Felton 1/11/1985:

5 Likes

From 11 September 1992:

Sydney newsbreak:

News promos:

ACA promos:

Sydney Extra promos:

60 Minutes promo:

4 Likes

Never knew Ray Martin presented ACA prior to January of 1994 when he officially began that position.

1 Like
2 Likes
2 Likes
3 Likes

How long did they have that light blue background for?

1 Like

Ray Martin hosting Willesee on 19 May 1987:

BTW, I have later episodes (coming soon) of ACA and Ray Martin still struggles to read an autocue in those.

2 Likes
3 Likes

Nostalgic piece of the once two long-running commercial current affairs programs, when it had got really heated, also pinpointing where things started to go wrong for Ray Martin’s second outing helming ACA and his own slow demise at Nine.

Some great ratings data in here too!

Ross Warneke, The Age, mid-2005:

4 Likes

Channel Nine Melbourne
Sunday 29 July 1990

Newsbreak With Peter Hitchener

3 Likes

I find it interesting networks got away with abbreviating place names, but don’t really do it these days.

2 Likes

Feb 22, 2002 Nightline now up online

3 Likes

National Nine News Queensland 15/7/1986

4 Likes