Nine Network - Programs and Schedules

Update - Nine has pulled Lost On Everest from Tuesday’s (tomorrow’s) schedule.

Tuesday 23 May

08:40 pm Million Dollar Murders Rpt
Gary Allibon was ambushed during a robbery on his cash transit van in the middle of Sydney’s CBD in 2010. He was due to retire within eight months, when he was fatally shot in the back. He had his hands up surrendering, when he was murdered. Despite extensive investigations at the time and over the past decade, no one has been charged over Allibon’s murder. MDM and NSW Police name the main suspect and reveal new information that may help the public bring justice for Gary’s widow Monica.
09:50 pm Nine News Late
10:20 pm Chicago Med S06 E10
11:15 pm Casualty 24/7 S03 E09
12:05 am Court Cam S01 E09

Pure speculation on my part, may be in response to the death of an Australian today on Mt Everest.

5 Likes

TVT running with an article suggesting the same, I commented there how the networks and for some unfortunate reason Nine are always good at doing this, in better taste. Also good at tribute broadcasts, such as Ten’s “Mrs Doubtfire” in 2013 after Robin Williams’ tragic passing and rated big.

1 Like

If you go up Mt Everest there’s a pretty good chance you’ll die. 10 have this year already. I think it would be informative as a doco but I can see why they pulled it.

6 Likes

Schedule change in Melbourne tonight with Footy Classified brought forward to 10.00pm due to the breaking news in the AFL with Richmond coach Damien Hardwick to quit.

3 Likes

Should be 9pm for this major news

4 Likes

Firstly, is this confirmed, wow! Secondly, yeah I was going to say, 10pm? Meh, negligible difference, 9pm would’ve been better. I’m sure the show/GTV would’ve tried to ask programming, but must’ve been knocked back, in favour of network first run RPA play-out (ratings? contractual/commercial?)

2 Likes

Update to tonight - Nine going down the Summit encore path again.

Sydney, Brisbane
8:30pm The Summit Rpt
9:45 pm Nine News Late
10:15 pm New Amsterdam S05 E11
11:15 pm Council of Dads Rpt

Melbourne
8:30 pm Footy Classified
9:30pm The Summit Rpt
10:45 pm Nine News Late
11:15 pm New Amsterdam S05 E11

Adelaide, Perth
8:30pm The Summit Rpt
9:45 pm Footy Classified
10:45 pm Nine News Late
11:15 pm New Amsterdam S05 E11

3 Likes
1 Like

Victorian government mustn’t have continued funding, first season was filmed in Melbourne IIRC.

This seems more a make-goods for advertisers to me now, but perhaps product placement within the show too, so also need to repeat them - I mean Nine surely must admit to themselves it’s very unlikely to go anywhere from here, last night another low and close to a Highway Patrol re-run IIRC.

Love Island (UK) Season 10 announced for 5 June on ITV. Will have to see if it gets a run on 9Go again or is a 9Now exclusive.

1 Like

Update:

Thursday 25 May - tonight
Melbourne, Adelaide, Perth
07:30 pm Tina Rpt
Told in five powerful acts, this film is an intimate and revealing look at the life and career of Tina Turner.
10:00 pm Nine News Late
10:30 pm A+E After Dark Rpt
11:25 pm The First 48 Rpt

Assume Tina on 9Gem in NRL states waiting to confirm. The movie was first shown in April.

Update

Sydney, Brisbane - Nine News Late out of the schedule.

10:30 pm Tina Turner
Tina Turner became an 80’s icon in Australia from starring in a Mad Max movie and being the voice of the NRL to inspiring Aussie artists and a home-grown dance craze. Hear her story and get a sneak peak of Tina - The Tina Turner Musical.
11:00 pm A+E After Dark S02 E11
12:00 am The First 48 Rpt

4 Likes

Update:

Saturday 27 May
07:30 pm Tina Rpt (same as shown Thursday)
10:00 pm The Summit Rpt
11:10 pm Movie: Black Water Abyss (2020)

2 Likes

So the AFL cities get the same Tina doco twice in three nights? Yawn. I get it showing it in Sydney and Brisbane though.

2 Likes

Did Nine today air a program about The Voice jointly with Fox?

As part of Today Extra

4 Likes

Is there a full recording somewhere?

This is about half of it

2 Likes

It’s good to see Yvonne Sampson “back on Nine”. She was the host of the Sporting Yes to the Voice, that aired on Today Extra.

3 Likes

I thought Seven held the rights to The Voice now… so hard to keep up with all this network swapping.

7 Likes

haha?