Nine Network - Programs and Schedules

Not that I’m terribly surprised, but nothing to celebrate Nine’s 60th birthday on September 16? :slight_frown:

2 Likes

South Aussie with Cosi not a celebration? :stuck_out_tongue: Adelaide has all the celebrations.

2 Likes

South Australia is the Festival State. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Apparently the September 13 episode of Married at First Sight is the season final. Is Nine rushing through the episodes to make way for the debut of Hyde and Seek the week after? Also, the 10th season of The Big Bang Theory starts in the US on September 19 (September 20 Australian time). Could it be fasttracked?

THE CASE OF: JONBENÉT RAMSEY

Monday 19 September at 8.45pm

The Case Of: JonBenét Ramsey, a three-part series re-examining the sensational unsolved murder of a child beauty queen, premieres Monday, September 19, at 8.45pm on Channel Nine.

The series will be fast-tracked from the United States and be seen over three huge nights.

Twenty years after the six-year-old beauty queen’s tragic death, The Case of: JonBenét Ramsey reunites the original investigators with new experts and fresh witnesses, who together revisit the murder that captivated the world. The production sees the entire crime scene rebuilt in a 2000-square metre warehouse, using state-of-the-art technology to reveal all in the mysterious murder case – and finally unmask the killer.

JonBenét Ramsey was found slain in the basement of her Colorado home in 1996, hours after she was reported missing. Officials, and public opinion, initially suspected her parents and older brother of the crime. The family was partially exonerated in 2003 and completely cleared of any wrongdoing in 2008. The case was reopened in 2009, and remained unsolved until now.

The Case Of: JonBenét Ramsey is a CBS Critical Content series produced by Emmy winner Tom Forman (48 Hours, Extreme Makeover: Home Edition). After premiering on Nine on September 19, it will continue on September 20 and conclude on September 26.

I can’t see that Australian audiences would be interested in this. Why did Nine burn through Married at First Sight to be left with this? This looks more like 9.30pm fodder.

2 Likes

### Week commencing 18 September 2016

Sunday 18 September
07:00 PM The Block
08:30 PM 60 Minutes
09:30 PM Doctor Doctor Rpt
10:30 PM Killer on the Line

Monday 19 September
07:30 PM The Block
08:40 PM The Case of: JonBenet Ramsey

Sydney and Brisbane
10:40 PM Killing Spree

Melbourne, Adelaide, Perth
10:40 PM Footy Classified

Tuesday 20 September
08:40 PM The Case of: JonBenet Ramsey
10:40 PM CSI: Crime Scene Investigation

Wednesday 21 September
08:40 PM Doctor Doctor
09:40 PM Amazing Medical Stories
10:40 PM The Truth About Exercise

Thursday 22 September
07:30 PM RBT
08:30 PM The Footy Show

Sydney, Brisbane
10:30 PM Las Vegas With Trevor McDonald

Melbourne
10:30 PM World’s Funniest Videos Top 10 x 2

Adelaide and Perth
10:30 PM Life on the Dole

Friday 23 September
Sydney, Brisbane
07:30 PM NRL
10:15 PM Fire Down Below

Melbourne
07:30 PM Postcards
08:30 PM Good Will Hunting

Adelaide
07:30 PM Adelady
08:00 PM South Aussie with Cosi
08:30 PM Good Will Hunting

Perth
07:30 PM TBA
08:30 PM TBA

Saturday 24 September
Sydney, Brisbane
07:00 PM NRL
10:00 PM Beverley Hills Cop II

Melbourne, Adelaide, Perth
07:00 PM Journey 2: The Mysterious Island
09:00 PM Beverley Hills Cop II

I’m really looking forward to the JonBenet Ramsey special. I wonder if Nine would have been better off using their massive Block lead out on Sundays for their new Australian drama and moving 60 minutes to Wednesdays?

I’m sure it was a very big deal in America, but did the case of JonBenét Ramsey get much attention in the Australian media back in 1996? If so, that’s what I think would justify Nine running this three part series in an earlier timeslot.

No Person of Interest yet? Cmon Nine…

It did from memory. I was only in year 8 in 1996 and I can remember hearing/seeing things about the case on TV and radio.

1 Like

CBS has cut the The Case of JonBenet Ramsey down from being a six hour series over three nights to one that runs for four hours over two nights (Sept 19th & 20th in Aust)

It confuses me how nine obtained this anyway. I assume its part of the CBS news deal which ten has onsold to nine?

The program was made by an independent production company and I think Nine bought it at open market.

Any word on when Nine will be airing Survivor: Millennial’s vs Generation X? I really hope that it’s fasttracked to Thursday next week as we’ve come to expect that on Go.

Thursday 29th at 10pm on Nine
The Footy Show will air at 7:30 through to 10pm

1 week late and at 10pm? For real?

Put it back on Go!

2 Likes

Oh why? Just pop it on Go! grr. Well actually the time probably works out well that I can watch it live but I would rather it air at 7:30 so I can watch it recorded directly after The Bachelorette. The scheduling of this is going to be all over the place as well, especially when they have the Grand Final of the Footy Show.

If Sep 29 is the night it starts it will be the Grand Final Footy Show so that most likely go overtime too. So as a 90 min premiere it will run till at least 11.30 (thats if it starts on time). Would probably rate better on Go at 7.30 than that slot. :confused:

Oh I hope its not that far away :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like