Nine Network - Programs and Schedules

Am guessing this is some sort of special one-off for the Magic round?

7 Likes

It’s a one-off for all states, due to the NRL Magic Round and Mega Zoo finishing in AFL states this week.

4 Likes

Correct - no Thursday night game that week.

3 Likes

Hopefully for Nine Millionaire rates better across five cities than the split NRL / Mega Zoo has been doing on Thursdays lately, as they’ve been no competition for Seven’s Home and Away triple episode and Front Bar or 10’s MasterChef.

Agree. Hopefully the Millionaire Sports Special rates well for the Thursday. At a friendly 7.30pm slot too. Up against Home and Away’s marathon, so it should do well against that. Not often during the NRL season that there will be a national show on a Thursday, rather than split it up (thanks to the NRL Magic Round)

3 Likes

Update: Note that ACA is still running on Saturday 15 May in AFL states.

2 Likes

Saturday 15 May
07:00 pm A Current Affair
07:30 pm Space Invaders S01 E09
08:30 pm Movie: Spider-Man: Homecoming (2017)
11:10 pm Movie: Paul (2011)

Non-NRL Sydney and Brisbane viewers on Saturday (Melbourne, Adelaide and Perth schedule cannot be shown on 9Gem in Sydney or Brisbane due to Super Rugby):

ACA Saturday and Space Invaders will be on 9Now in Sydney and Brisbane
the two movies: stream on Netflix, Google Play Movies and TV or Amazon Prime, buy or borrow the DVDs or wait for them to come on 9Go!

1 Like

Why can’t Space Invaders be shown after either NRL or Super Rugby in Sydney and Brisbane?

2 Likes

Is 9Gem showing Super Rugby or NRL in VIC? Presuming 9Go will be used for the other?

They can air the alternatives on 9Rush, to boost the channels share :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

9Gem Melbourne has Super Rugby

They should just air the one-off NRL on the main channel in Melbourne, considering how pathetically low most programming rates in Saturday prime time these days and as Seven have been doing this year at times with the AFL. They risk further affecting their five city shares for 9Go! and 9Gem as well. I mean even 40k wouldn’t be that bad, how does Space Invasion and movies usually rate in the market

5 Likes

Roosters v Cowboys won’t rate 40k in Melbourne. 10-15k at most.
If Storm was playing I would agree, it should be on the main channel. But not interstate teams.

Last Saturday for example, Space Invaders got 84k in Melbourne and the movie, Rocketman, 91k.

5 Likes

According to advance guides, 9GO! in Victoria is not showing live NRL on the Saturday.

Surely the NRL has to either on either 9Go or 9Rush?

3 Likes

I think a movie would rate better in Melbourne on 9Go, than the NRL.

3 Likes

I think even a two-hour Tony Jones compilation would rate better.

4 Likes

Update:

Sydney, Brisbane
Saturday 8 May
07:00 pm Super Rugby
09:45 pm Super Rugby Post-Match
10:30 pm Movie: The Eagle (2011)

6 Likes

Why not Melbourne, Adelaide and Perth? It’s Union, not League.

Had the Western Force made it to the grand final it could have been shown live in Perth as well.