Nine Network - Programs and Schedules

But it’s only May!!

The current season of The Big Bang Theory has only a few episodes left, and Nine still has not decided when to show BBC documentary The Hunt.

### Week commencing 15 May 2016

Sunday 15 May
07:00 PM The Voice
08:30 PM 60 Minutes
09:30 Nightmare on Everest
In April 2015 a violent earthquake struck Nepal. Using footage shot by climbers who were caught up in landslides and avalanches, this documentary tells the story of that day’s life-or-death tragedies.
10:30 PM Las Vegas With Trevor Mcdonald
Las Vegas with Trevor McDonald uncovers the secret life of Sin City, the ultimate sunny place for shady people, a city that grew from nothing by offering the forbidden.

Monday 16 May
07:30 PM The Voice
09:00 PM Soundbreaking

Sydney and Brisbane
10:10 PM Obsessive Compulsive Cleaners
11:10 PM I am Innocent

Melbourne, Adelaide, Perth
10:10 PM Footy Classified
11:10 PM I am Innocent

Tuesday 17 May
07:30 PM The Big Bang Theory x 2
08:30 PM Britain’s Got Talent
10:00 PM Lip Synch Battle x 2
11:00 PM Beauty And The Beach

Wednesday 18 May
07:30 PM The Big Bang Theory x 2

Sydney and Brisbane
08:30 PM The Footy Show
11:00 PM World’s Funniest Videos x 2

Melbourne, Adelaide and Perth
08:30 PM The Secret Life of the Zoo
09:30 PM TBA
10:30 PM Obsessive Compulsive Cleaners
11:30 PM The Footy Show NRL

Thursday 19 May
Sydney, Brisbane
07:30 PM NRL
10:10 PM TBA
11:10 PM The Footy Show AFL

Melbourne, Adelaide and Perth
07:30 PM RBT
08:30 PM The Footy Show
10:30 PM World’s Funniest Videos x 2

Friday 20 May
Sydney, Brisbane
07:30 PM NRL
10:10 PM The Fighter

Melbourne, Adelaide, Perth
07:30 PM Postcards
08:30 PM Labour Day
10:50 PM Friends with Kids

Saturday 21 May
07:00 PM The Voice x 2
10:00 OM TBA

Note: Also See NRL on Nine for details of NRL coverage.

Britain’s Got Talent is Tuesday at 8.30 following 2 eps of Big Bang

Nine’s schedule is as bad, if not worse than Ten’s pre Masterchef schedule.

Britians Got Talent? Is that a mistake? Surely they are not airing that on the main channel in a primetime slot?

3 Likes

The premiere of BGT means Lip Sync Battle is out of schedule yet again.

It’s at 10pm

1 Like

One turkey out another in

2 Likes

Why not run Britain’s Got Talent on Saturdays… surely running Voice encores every week cannibalises the audience for the initial airings?

I think at this point, a late news service would fit in nicely for Nine.

1 Like

Feels like 9 are promoting Britain’s Got Talent much better than they did AGT. I wouldn’t be surprised to see it rate significantly better, not that that would be any kind of special achievement.

1 Like

###Britain’s Got Talent

From 17 May at 8.30pm

Britain’s Got Talent is back for its tenth series with more exhilarating performances from across the United Kingdom, starting Tuesday, May 17, at 8.30pm on Channel Nine.

Simon Cowell, Amanda Holden, Alesha Dixon and David Walliams again take their places on the judging panel to critique the new batch of acts who will take the stage to entertain, inspire and catch the hearts of viewers around the world.

Episode One of Britain’s Got Talent sees the judges left completely bewildered by the voice of 12 year-old Beau, along with a terrifying sword swallow illusion that defies life and death, leaving them at the edge of their seats.

Stephen Mulhern returns to host, while comedy duo Ant & Dec will be on hand to mentor the talent through their performance of a lifetime and guide the audience through these phenomenal acts.

Why is this airing on Nine’s main channel in primetime? Knowing how well the Australian version went in the ratings earlier this year, surely Britain’s Got Talent is multichannel fodder at best? :confounded:

1 Like

Nine has just started promoting the new season of Love Child, surely it should air on Tuesdays instead of Britain’s Got Talent. This will also avoid a clash with Seven’s Winners & Losers later this year.

I think it is because The Voice was brought forward in the schedule to fill some holes caused by multiple failures. So to stretch The Voice out, Nine are running it just 2 nights per week during auditions whereas previous years there have been 4 weeks of 3 eps per week.

After cancelling the WB output deal, they seem have gone shopping for cheap content that I can only describe as filler. They seem to be hoping to make enough money out of the 5.30 - 8.30/9.00 programming block and spend as little as possible on the post 8.30 line up.

1 Like

Cheap and nasty to rival Ten’s rubbish schedule.

2 Likes

Not sure if that is meant to be serious?

Ten has Shark Tank, HYBPA, NCIS and Gogglebox in the 8.30/9.00 spot. I wouldn’t call any of those rubbish.

2 Likes

8.30 is becoming the new 9.30. :frowning: