Nine Network - Programs and Schedules

And 10 pepper their schedule with encores. Who cares? This day and age it’s cheap programming for Networks who are all looking for whatever shortcuts they can take in an effort to stay cost effective.

1 Like

My point has been just because Nine can do it, doesn’t mean they should be. FTA is in a bad enough trajectory to be throwing away one night essentially (much of that share would be from 6pm News and whatever share the FTA premiere movie attracted late into the night)

I agree I wish FTA networks would throw nights away but you can’t just call nine out on it @Sully. Each network does it. Call it for what it is don’t just target 9.

2 Likes

No they don’t. Nine are the only one doing that.

You said 9 are throwing a night away. 10 throw away 3. 7 arguably are throwing away timeslots with Talent. Each network does it don’t be biased.

3 Likes

What?

I am not sure what you are questioning.

Firstly, you keep saying 9 just give up on a night. I am saying why just point out 9 when the other networks do the same?

I don’t like it either but we see each network do it. 10 encore Hughsey 3-4 times a week alone. That doesn’t include other programs.

It is obvious that 9 has a budget. They are willing to spend majority of their money on these big shiny formats and to justify it they have to air it on a Saturday as encores. So be it. Its not doing them any harm.

Same goes with Britain’s Got Talent on 7. They have acquired the rights to the Australian version and obviously got the overseas version for good measure. They need to justify the cost so throw it on a Thursday hoping it can do ok and scrape through.

Each network does it, all I am saying is don’t bang on about 9 because of your bias. There is a bigger picture to this and discuss it properly.

2 Likes

Alright, I think we should stop. I’ve made my point clear and been proven right. Not trying to get on a high horse, just gobsmacked a top rating network keeps doing these weird programming. And FYI, I would “call out” anyone who does it like that.

The fact I’ve had multiple MS members also agree/interact with my take sort of means I’m not alone. You and maybe 2 mods are the only ones seemingly being ‘fine’ with it.

WTF Turdall. Seriously?

Everyone has seen Nine do this bizarre 'strategy’on multiple occasions now. My original comment the other day was regarding this and this only.

(e.g.) When they did it with The Voice or FFF or Lego Masters. On majority of occasions across the entire night.

No other network, certainly a top rater like Seven, does this nor at 7pm after news.

That was my whole point.

(I am well aware encores/repeats air on all networks at other times, they’re fine, no issue at all).

How so?
Or is this just another pointless pissing contest?

1 Like

Read the comment I just did above yours.

But no, I leave that to @turdall and @JBar, their lengthy ones are rather heated and fun to sit back and not get involved in :wink:

But it is factually incorrect what you are saying that 9 are the only ones that do it. 10 encore more during primetime than 9 do. So why aren’t you being fair and bringing that up?

Btw I am not saying I am ‘fine’ with it just pointing out that you are biased towards a certain network.

But I’m being taken out of context. I’ve clearly been putting “it” and “that” in italics to indicate I have a problem with the Saturday encore stripping right after 6pm News.

NOONE ELSE DOES THAT.

Now are you with me, Turdall? :slight_smile:

No, I am not. Hilarious.

So let me get this straight! Its not ok to do it on a Saturday but it is ok to do it at 9:30 on every other weeknight? Right… Sounds a bit contradictory and you just trying to find anything to pick at a certain network.

As I said I don’t like it either. But I also don’t particularly like the encores on 10 or when 7 do it as well. I also don’t like shitty UK programming on 7 that belongs on a multichannel. But I don’t have a biased so I will point that out…

ABSOLUTELY!

Wow… how pedantic can you get? 7pm on a Saturday and 9:30pm on a weekday are timeslots that rate practically the same and have the same importance to commercial networks. Saturday hasn’t been considered core primetime for well over a decade by the networks. And as OnAir stated, it’s clearly a (justified) ploy to get more eyeballs / total reach on the series to try and get a bigger audience week to week.

The difference is 100% in Sully’s head.

5 Likes

Yeah well I guess you just proved what I am saying.

I’ve been sticking up for Nine the entire time, every time this has happened you fool :joy:

Critical as to why they get the poor shares and sub-300k ratings AT 7PM when they do that on a Saturday.

9:30pm is technically late night, their ratings are all but irrelevant these days, I’ve been saying such encores are fine. Ratings are basically decided between 6pm and 8:30pm-9pm as seen with Nine’s own Married and Lego recently winning it for them. And Nine would know that.

I’m sorry but your comments have given a clear impression of the opposite…

Ergh. As in sticking up meaning constructive criticism. How they’d do better if they didn’t’t do that.