Nine Network - Programs and Schedules

Isn’t this Aus Open final day? I think the Doubles Final is usually played around this time, maybe they’re confident it’ll be over by then?

edit just realised AEDT so it’d be 6:30pm half way through Sydney Melbourne news.

2 Likes

Update:

Friday 5 February
07:30 pm Escape to the Chateau Specials Rpt
08:30 pm Movie: The Notebook (2004)
11:00 om Movie: If I Stay (2014)

ATP Tennis will be shown on 9Gem

2 Likes

its silly that there is no tennis at Melbourne park today oh well hope the aus open is still growing ahead or it could be postponed

Today’s main channel line up, after the postponement of the tennis:

11:30 am Morning News
12:00 pm Ellen
01:00 pm Travel Guides - Whitsundays Rpt
02:00 pm Travel Guides - Tasmania Rpt
03:00 pm Tipping Point
04:00 pm Afternoon News

5 Likes

thank you also travel glides are funny :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

3 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: 9Gem

This is bloody ridiculous. So did they just stop the movie to talk about one Covid case last night? As if people who watched it last night will sit through the same movie again to see the end.

Considering the end of the movie was seemingly (wasn’t watching Nine so can’t say for certain) interrupted due to coverage of the Vic COVID press conference, giving viewers an opportunity to watch it in full is the right thing to do

5 Likes

There was no need to go into a press conference at 10pm at night.

1 Like

Did the interruption for the Victorian COVID press conference happen across Australia? I have read that Travel Guides was interrupted in Perth last night.

If the Premier calls a sudden media conference at 10pm at night, you absolutely, 100 percent take it.

10 Likes

How much content was missed?

Noticed on a news feed last night the Vic. Premier was to hold a media conference so turned on Nine Sydney about 10.30pm and noticed the movie still running and late news was scheduled for 10.40pm. Switched to ABC News and they had vision of the preparations. They cut off a report to catch the start a minute later. I turned over to Nine to see if they were taking Andrews live just after it started and they were. Tracy Vo continued with other news once it was finished so it looks like they cut off about the last five minutes of the movie.

1 Like

Possibly Vic cut short, but the rest of the country should have waited the five minutes?

Andrews was Vic news, no?

It has implications for the Australian Open so I’d think there’d be national interest although Andrews avoided mentioning the word “tennis”. It’s a bit rude to cut off the end of the movie with a few minutes left when people were invested in it. They could’ve ended it as the credits rolled and then cut to news.

4 Likes

The interruption in Brisbane was mid movie with it continuing after the news break.

Same happened with Seven’s movie with Seven taking much more of the conference; the movie finished well after midnight.

3 Likes

According to TV Blackbox, Manifest, Young Sheldon and Chicago Med will return to Nine very soon while Australian Crime Stories and Bondi Vet had been renewed for 2021.

4 Likes

Update
Saturday 6 February
07:00 pm A Current Affair
07:30 pm Tipping Point
08:30 pm Movie: Gladiator (2000)
11:30 pm Movie: Thomas Crown affair (1999)

5 Likes

Another Tipping Point weekend! Definitely Nine want it there to watch the ratings

3 Likes

Nine being rather reactive with (poor ratings I’m assuming?) Would you say they are the most reactive in terms of poor ratings and immediate changes compared with other networks?

Okay, this year certainly isn’t the most exciting lead-up events and very rushed, somwhat confusing and now coronavirus and looks like rain affected (to a degree with presumedly multiple matches not under roof). But it’s still summer non ratings and it generally builds towards the final matches, especially weekends (it had been against Holey Moley, Amazing Race and Married / Travel Guides so far).

Though conversely, it could deliver big multi-channel numbers, as it did last summer and previously on Seven (anywhere from 6% to 10%+ shares and audiences between 200k and 400k metro - depending).

1 Like