Nine Network - Programs and Schedules

I think Seven and Ten are looking forward to next Wednesday when they will aim to grab as many viewers as they can, with MAFS rested for the night.
I am sure Nine will use a mixture of Paramedics repeats and new episodes of The Big Bang Theory and Young Sheldon to fill in the 7.30pm timeslot before the Easter non-ratings break.

Schedule Update

Wednesday 3 April
Melbourne, Adleaide, Perth
07:30 pm RBT

Thursday 4 April
Melbourne, Adelaide, Perth
07:30 pm Paramedics Rpt

I donā€™t think MKR will rise to 1 million plus but there is a good chance that it will win a night. Paramedics (especially encores) probably wonā€™t beat MKR unless MKR keeps falling.

1 Like

Now that RBT will air in AFL states next Wednesday, it should boost MKRā€™s ratings towards 1 million.

1 Like

Double episodes of RBT currently listed as new.

Week commencing 7 April 2019

:clock2: Daylight savings ends Sunday morning

Sunday 7 April
07:00 pm Married At First Sight
08:30 pm 60 Minutes
09:30 pm Australian Crime Stories
10:30 pm Killer on the Line Rpt
11:25 pm Major Crimes Rpt

Monday 8 April
07:30 pm Married At First Sight Season Final
09:20 pm Bad Mothers S1 Ep08 Season Final

Sydney, Brisbane
10:20 pm 100% Footy
11:20 pm The Closer Rpt

10:20 pm Footy Classified
11:20 pm The Oval Office / Footy SA / Footy WA

Tuesday 9 April
07:30 pm The Big Bang Theory S12 Ep11
08:00 pm The Big Bang Theory
08:30 pm Movie: Guardians of the Galaxy Vol 2 (2017)
11:15 pm Cosentino: The Elements Rpt

Wednesday 10 April
Sydney, Brisbane
08:30 pm New Amsterdam S1 Ep13 and 14
10:30 pm Rizzoli & Isles Rpt
11:20 pm The Footy Show

Melbourne, Adleaide, Perth
07:30 pm RBT
08:30 pm The Footy Show
09:45 pm Lethal Weapon S2 Ep04
10:45 pm Top Gear Rpt

Thursday 11 April
Sydney, Brisbane
07:30 pm Thursday Night Football Brisbane Broncos v Wests Tigers
09:45 pm Golden Point
10:45 pm Top Gear Rpt

08:30 pm New Amsterdam S1 Ep13 and 14
10:30 pm Rizzoli & Isles Rpt
11:20 pm Major Crimes Rpt

Friday 12 April
Sydney, Brisbane
07:30 pm Friday Night Football North Queensland Cowboys v Melbourne Storm
09:45 pm Knock Off
10:45 pm Movie: A Man Apart (2003)

07:30 pm Travel Guides Rpt
08:30 pm Movie: Life As We Know It (2010)
10:50 pm New Amsterdam Rpt
11:40 pm Underbelly: Badness Rpt

Saturday 13 April
07:00 pm Movie: Just Go With It (2011)
09:15 pm Movie: The Longest Yard (2005)
11:30 pm Movie: Mortdecai (2015)

2 Likes

Why have Australian broadcasters gone done the 8 series format in Australia? The most successful dramas have been dramas that aired weekly for approximately 22-32 episodes a year.

1 Like

The Wonderful World of Disney only lasted two weeksā€¦

I guess they have seen that it works for UK shows and Netflix so they tried to replicate that success.

Any season order of more than a dozen episodes means you get filler episodes. Look at how LOST meandered along the first couple of years before they got some certainty on seasons and episode counts.

Less is more.

1 Like

David Campbell hinted as such too in his special intro last night ā€œover next few weeksā€ (or something along those lines).

Although as you can see, thereā€™s a Walt Disney-Marvel FTA premiere on the Tuesday, soā€¦

Make it easier to sell Australian dramas overseas?

Although I prefer the less is more concept I donā€™t think the general audience in Australia does. Look at reality shows. They like multiple episodes. And look at previous shows that were huge successes in Australia; All Saints, Blue Heelers, Country Practice, McLeods Daughters, Always Greener and even Secret Life of Us. They all had more episodes and were huge successes. I just wonder if Australia wanted viewers to like short run series but it hasnā€™t really translated into success here in Australia.

That was probably true about 5 years ago when they did it but I think their first thought should be what will Australian audiences like.

1 Like

Simple. They are Risk-averse.

Shorter runs means they donā€™t end up with a lot of costly drama to burn off in their schedule, if it doesnā€™t rate.

5 Likes

Interesting that Stan doesnā€™t have the sequel but now itā€™s airing on Nine. Makes me wonder if thereā€™s going to be a FTA airing of Infinity War soon?

Schedule above updated.

1 Like

Are they trying to get rid of new Amsterdam before the Easter non ratings ?

So, Nine look to have given up on airing Storm games on main channel in Melbourne in prime time, as they did every time last year? Shame for loyal fans.

But it is on ā‹®ā‹®ā‹®Gem and is streamed in HD on ā‹®ā‹®ā‹®9Now, so itā€™s not as if Nine in Melbourne is ignoring it.

Correct me if Iā€™m wrong on this one, but didnā€™t Nine only promise to air eight Storm games (outside of the finals, of course) on the main channel in Melbourne last year?