Nine Network - Programs and Schedules

Allowed M at 7:30

No, it’s not.

Not for films, they must still follow the old rule (12pm-3pm or 8:30pm-5am, excluding public/school holidays).

NB/
MA15+ films 9pm-5am only.

Don’t ask me why, for some reason the ACMA must feel movies contain more graphic classifiable elements, than TV shows. Maybe the run time has something to do with it :roll_eyes:

Check the Code yourself if you think I’m making this up. Was hoping someone would back me up here.

This?

1 Like

No sorry i didn’t realise it was a rule.

1 Like

Bingo

That’s alright, a common misunderstanding, since the Code updated in December 2015, allowing non-film programs to have M and MA15+ from 7:30pm and 8:30pm respectively now.

Examples from the weekend just gone, include Ten having to modify Flightplan to PG (8pm) and Nine the same with Harry Potter (7:30pm).

It is so weird though.

1 Like

Nine will show the 51st Annual Country Music Awards this Saturday (November 18) at 2.10pm. It was held in Nashville last week and aired live on Foxtel.

1 Like

Schedule Update:

Thursday 16 November

08:30 PM Killer Women with Piers Morgan
Replaced with
TRUTH ABOUT HEALTHY EATING

Fiona Phillips teams up with leading scientists to look at how to eat and drink to good health, and she uncovers some surprising truths.

1 Like

Nine replacing a program hosted by a current British breakfast TV presenter with one hosted by a former British breakfast TV presenter…

Queensland Telethon

Saturday 18 November

Stefanovic and Jeffreys to join fundraiser for sick kids

HOME is where the heart is for Channel Nine’s golden couple Sylvia Jeffreys and Peter Stefanovic. The couple, who married in April, will return to their native Queensland to co-host the Channel Nine Telethon in Brisbane on November 18 for the Children’s Hospital Foundation.

Despite both working for the Today show, the pair prefer to keep their relationship and work duties separate, but will make an exception in an effort to raise funds.

“I can’t wait to get back to my home state, to help the Children’s Hospital Foundation and the team at Nine raise money for the sick kids of Queensland,” Stefanovic said.

Jeffreys and Stefanovic will be joined on stage by Today’s Richard Wilkins and Natalia Cooper and Today Extra hosts Sonia Kruger and David Campbell.

Channel 9 is set to fly some of its best talent to man the phones with The Block, Family Food Fight, Married At First Sight, The Voice and even upcoming drama Bite Club all to be represented. The Channel Nine Telethon has raised more than $34 million in three years.

By making a donation, Queenslanders will help the Children’s Hospital Foundation support, care and entertain our sickest kids and their families while they’re in hospital and they can be part of something big – funding world-class research to find better treatments and ultimately cures for our most devastating childhood diseases.

We would also like to thank our presenting partners – the Queensland Government, Woolworths, BOQ, Golden Casket, The Coffee Club, The Courier Mail and The Sunday Mail, Triple M and Sunsuper – and their staff and customers for their wonderful support.

The Channel Nine Telethon will occur on Saturday 18 November. If you are interested in donating to help sick kids smile and laugh, get better and go home sooner, call 1800 909 900, or donate online now.

http://9telethon.com.au/kieruns-40-hour-challenge-sick-kids-2/

1 Like

Ugh.

2 Likes

Problem for Nine scheduling what would’ve been tonight’s episode of FFF tomorrow, is that RBT repeats were actually rating much higher :joy:

Schedule Update

Thursday 23 November
New post 8.30pm line-up

08:30 PM Truth and Lies: The Menendez Brothers Pt 1
Documentary: It was the trial of the century that captivated the world; a Hollywood executive and his wife were brutally slain in their mansion. With no clear initial suspects, it turned out the Menendez family were far from perfect.

10:15 PM Wolf Creek Ep4
11:15 PM I am Innocent

Friday 24 November
07:30 PM The Embassy (Brisbane: Christmas with the Australian Women’s Weekly)

1 Like

what happens to truth about healthy eating?

The Voice Kids UK “Coming Soon”

The Voices Kids UK premieres Wednesday 29 November at 7.30pm.

The Voice Kids sees talented young solo singers between the ages of 7 and 14 wowing coaches will.i am, Danny Jones and Pixie Lott in their quest to become the next big star.

Week commencing 26 November

Sunday 26 November
10:00 AM AEDT The Ashes First Test Concludes Mon :cricket:

07:00 PM Family Food Fight
08:30 PM 60 Minutes
09:30 PM Australian Crime Stories Dino Dibra: The Sunshine Boy
10:30 PM See No Evil
11:35 PM House

Monday 27 November
07:30 PM Family Food Fight Grand Final
09:00 PM Movie: Burnt (2015)
11:00 PM Chicago Justice Ep12

Tuesday 28 November
07:30 PM ARIA Awards 2017
10:00 PM Harry Styles Live In Manchester
11:20 PM Boy George - Piers Morgan Life Stories

Wednesday 29 November
07:30 PM The Voice Kids UK
09:00 PM Victoria’s Secret 2017
10:00 PM Confessions Of The Paparazzi
11:00 PM CSI: NY

Thursday 30 November
07:30 PM RBT
08:30 PM Killer Women with Piers Morgan
09:30 PM Wolf Creek Ep5
10:30 PM I Am Innocent
11:30 PM Pompidou

Friday 1 December
07:30 PM The Embassy
08:30 PM Shooter (2007)
11:00 PM Enter the Dragon (1973)

Saturday 2 December
01:30 PM AEDT The Ashes Second Test :cricket:

Sydney, Melbourne
06:50 PM Nine News
07:30 PM The Ashes Second Test
10:00 PM Robocop (2014)

Brisbane
06:00 PM Nine News
06:30 PM The Ashes Second Test
09:00 PM Robocop (2014)
11:20 PM Person of Interest

Adelaide
06:20 PM Nine News
07:00 PM The Ashes Second Test
09:30 PM Robocop (2014)
11:50 PM Person of Interest

Darwin
05:30 PM Nine News
06:00 PM The Ashes Second Test
08:30 PM Robocop (2014)
10:50 PM Person of Interest

Perth
06:30 PM Nine News
07:00 PM Delish: WA’s Food Bowl
08:00 PM Top Gun (1986)
10:15 PM Robocop (2014)

:cricket: For details of cricket coverage, check local guides and Nine Cricket Coverage

1 Like

What a piss weak schedule for the final ratings week, one I’m sure Nine should’ve tried harder, given FFF has bombed and they’ve lost the past few weeks easily.

My comment particularly directed at Victoria’s Secret, ARIAs (which doesn’t rate) and other mid-late night programming, even chucking in a B-Grade movie premiere mid-week.

Even Saturday’s historic day/night Ashes won’t do much, as it’s up against the RLWC final! Who would’ve thought they’d be against each other. Really, really splitting the audience. Cricket will do well in its AFL markets (as it always does).

I think it’s safe to say Nine will have to wait another year, at least to use the tag-line “Channel 9 is No. 1 for 2017” :wink:

I think you will be surprised.

1 Like

Well, I’ll be watching it, so I hope I’m surprised :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Why not just air the News at the normal time of 6pm in all markets and move the cricket to 9GEM where needed?

2 Likes