Nine Network 2023

Is there a way we can watch back the Upfronts?

2 Likes

I think yesterday’s upfronts showed that Nine leaves others for dust when it comes to streaming innovations (both live and BVOD) and media integrations.

The event again demonstrates that it will rely on reality and factual shows, plus live sport and a couple of Australian dramas, to lure viewers and advertisers.

There was no mention of the existing US dramas on Nine’s line-up (such as season 2 of La Brea which premieres on NBC on September 27). I wonder if they will be bumped to 9Now or even Stan?

The recently renewed 9 series, Country House Hunters, has scored a NZ adaption for TVNZ.

2 Likes

2 Likes

You’d hope that Nine would take this opportunity to diversify their weekday lineup with some variety rather than the same old stripped reality. The Gordon Ramsay show and My Mum Your Dad doesn’t look like shows that could be stripped.

3 Likes

I was half right. 6pm Monday - Thursday on 9Now and later that night on 9Go.

Not a complete drop.

2 Likes

Nine is among a dozen international broadcasters backing the production of new UK documentary, My King Charles.

UPDATE 17/4: more details of the documentary has been revealed. It will be shown on Paramount+ in USA as King Charles: The Boy Who Walked Alone on May 2.

3 Likes