Nine Network 2023

4 Likes

Nine really have some rubbish shows don’t they.

5 Likes

They’re saying more swimming so it could happen

1 Like

These events are for advertisers. If they were putting this on for you it’d be broadcast at 7pm.

I don’t get what you expect? You can’t compare Nine to Disney+ that’s a stupid comparison and a silly comment. They are completely different companies.

Are you expecting them to announce they are adding 50 new series to 9now as originals and become a world wide streaming service?

No of course not. Just more variety.

Nothing fantastic to see here. Looks pretty ordinary to me.

3 Likes

Can’t blame them if they have dumped Celebrity Apprentice but I’m surprised that Ninja or Beauty and the Geek aren’t returning. They both seem to have performed solidly compared to Apprentice.

2 Likes

Yes, the upfront itself is for the advertisers. However, the content announcements are for both advertisers and (ultimately) viewers. Regarding the latter, David is right - the content announcements Nine made today were mostly underwhelming.

While that’s frankly typical of upfronts (where the hype never lives up to what gets announced), it doesn’t change the fact that there’s not really a lot about Nine’s 2023 lineup to get excited about at this stage.

2 Likes

Channel Nine 2023, also known as Channel 4 Australia.

Apart from MAFS, The Block, Lego Masters and maybe Travel Guides, I don’t see anything on their slate that could deliver a killer blow to the other networks. At least with the likes of Ninja and Beauty and the Geek they have a solid audience base. Lots of unknowns going into next year for Nine despite their optimism.

Whilst it’s good they have taken risks unfortunately I don’t think all of them will pay off.

4 Likes

Is there a way we can watch back the Upfronts?

2 Likes

I think yesterday’s upfronts showed that Nine leaves others for dust when it comes to streaming innovations (both live and BVOD) and media integrations.

The event again demonstrates that it will rely on reality and factual shows, plus live sport and a couple of Australian dramas, to lure viewers and advertisers.

There was no mention of the existing US dramas on Nine’s line-up (such as season 2 of La Brea which premieres on NBC on September 27). I wonder if they will be bumped to 9Now or even Stan?

The recently renewed 9 series, Country House Hunters, has scored a NZ adaption for TVNZ.

2 Likes

2 Likes

You’d hope that Nine would take this opportunity to diversify their weekday lineup with some variety rather than the same old stripped reality. The Gordon Ramsay show and My Mum Your Dad doesn’t look like shows that could be stripped.

3 Likes

I was half right. 6pm Monday - Thursday on 9Now and later that night on 9Go.

Not a complete drop.

2 Likes

Nine is among a dozen international broadcasters backing the production of new UK documentary, My King Charles.

UPDATE 17/4: more details of the documentary has been revealed. It will be shown on Paramount+ in USA as King Charles: The Boy Who Walked Alone on May 2.

3 Likes