Nine Network 2021

Nah. New Faces with Bert Newton is ripe for a comeback.

They might poach Everybody Dance Now from Channel 7. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Was that a 7 show?

Maybe Seven was going to reboot that show but then scrapped it when they got The Voice :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

How about So You Think You Can Dance?

Yay just what we need, another revival.

Nine will pretty much become a Seven clone (in picking up old shows from other networks) if they do so. Iā€™d like to think that Nine should stay away from the performance genre and stick with what they have so far. They donā€™t necessarily need a performance show to win the year anyway considering MAFS, Lego Masters and Ninja all rated higher than The Voice did this year.

2 Likes

It already is? Where have you been for the past ten years? Australiaā€™s Got Talent, Big Brother, Beauty and the Geek, etc.

2 Likes

But Nine also invested in some new and successful formats in Lego Masters, Married at First Sight, Australian Ninja Warrior and Travel Guides (just to name a few) which helped them to claim No.1 last year. Also didnā€™t they axe most of those shows because they didnā€™t perform well?

Anyway it seems hypocritical on Nineā€™s behalf when they took a shot at Seven for picking up The Voice. Then they do the exact same thing and rebooted Celebrity Apprentice and Beauty and the Geek. Wonā€™t be long before Seven takes a shot at them for doing so too.

1 Like

Itā€™s rare that they do.

Exactly. Letā€™s not forget Nineā€™s attempts to steal Sevenā€™s formats by creating clones of MKR like The Hotplate and Family Food Fight which led to legal action.

3 Likes

Iā€™ll be interested to see if Idol will be revived - weā€™ve seen many singing reality shows axed over the years, and even Seven has admitted that blind auditions are the most exciting/high-rating part of The Voice so they plan to go straight from blinds to semi-finals.

Idol is a much more conventional format and I would say it relies on ā€˜big nameā€™ judges (i.e. Katy Perry getting paid $25 mill for the American Idol revamp). Is Nine willing to invest in another high-budget talent show which could potentially become itā€™s ā€˜worst-performing show financiallyā€™?

See I think there could be a place for this sort of show again. And I donā€™t think they need any ā€˜big nameā€™ judges. They could potentially go with ex Australian Idol contestants as judges:

Courtney Act, Shannon Noll, Matt Corby and Jessica Mauboy for example.

No need to take the piss. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Lol :rofl: :crazy_face:

Nine will show the Great Barrief Reef documentary narrated by Russell Crowe, which was produced over four years.

1 Like

Have seen 2021 programming promos from Seven and Ten yet but nothing from Nine. I assumed that it might appear during State of Origin but it didnā€™t during game one. maybe during game 2 or 3.

2 Likes

Waiting for the RA rights?

7 Likes

As mentioned in the promo, A Perfect Planet is coming to Nine next year. It is one of five David Attenborough documentaries mentioned in the new long-term partnership between Nine and BBC Studios, announced at the networkā€™s 2020 upfronts last year. The five-part series was supposed to debut in UK before the end of this year but an airdate had not been announced.

UPDATE 24/11: BBC has released the trailer.

1 Like

TV Blackbox has today suggested Lego Masters could be a good option to replace Married before the Aus Open, if the Aus Open is delayed (to remain competitive against say Seven - unknown how Holey Moley will do) and to allow the tennis to continue doing its job of promoting the hell out of Nineā€™s Q1 (especially Married) including leading directly in.

Also talked about how such a scenario would likely be detrimental to Seven and 10ā€™s Q1 plans (when the Open is airing).

Interesting theory. Obviously we have no idea yet what is happening with dates, etc

2 Likes

I was thinking they should have considering Lego masters in Q1 anyway. But what about The Apprentice? That seems like a logically show to place in Q1 to replace Married if the Australian Open is pushed back. How likely is it that the Australian Open will be pushed back anyway?

1 Like