Nine Network 2019

I mentioned this show last week. It’s called Anna Gare’s Cab Fare and is at 12.30pm Saturdays.

1 Like

I doubt it? What is there to announce?

They wont axe it.
Plus Marks has said that he’s thrown his full support behind the team to get viewers’ trust back. I don’t think anyone will be leaving any time soon either.
Sure, there is a lot negative press about Karl - but the majority of it is DailyMail bs.

Children’s animated series Berry Bees is coming to Nine.

I’ve heard Rebecca Gibneys Halifax FP… as posted elsewhere here to be revived ?
A country practice hasn’t got a network attached according to reports…

Nine’s situation is interesting because while they have two ‘big’ shows in MAFS and The Block - the ‘tentpoles’ they rely on between those shows aren’t nearly as strong. You got The Voice in decline, Australian Ninja Warrior dramatic fall from last year’s amazing highs and barring a turnaround when it returns, Family Food Fight being a ‘weak’ show to end the ratings year.

Additionally, their ‘supporting’ shows (eg; Talkin About Your Generation and Bite Club) haven’t performed as well as they would have wanted. Therefore, a strong argument could be made that Nine have blown two golden opportunities to take advantage of Seven’s 2nd half problems and regain the title of being the number 1 network.

It’ll be interesting to hear tonight what their plans are to address the deficiencies evident in their lineup/programming strategy

2 Likes

Looks like the balls are staying :wink:

4 Likes

Nine formulated plans some years ago to move to a purpose built facility at The Entertainment Quarter/Fox Studios, and it is a pity it never happened.

Looking forward to this afternoon.

Oh, balls!

I only see six balls. Cost cutting? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

Nine yesterday applied to register Murder, Lies and Alibis as a trademark. A new drama series?

Would the production company register any trademark for a drama? Perhaps (yet another) a true crime series.

And in glorious 3D too.

2 Likes

No idea new idea with their regular Fifi Box pregnancy updates!

She’s already announced she was filming a travel show overseas for Nine, unless they’ve got her on another project as well as Love Island also.

1 Like

This?

https://twitter.com/9NewsQueensland/status/1052069338155343872

1 Like

When did “AEDST” become a thing? Thought it was AEDT?

Daylight Savings.

1 Like

Thanks, had no idea.

What I was actually getting at was the “S” in the acronym, haven’t seen that before.

1 Like

Standard?

2 Likes

9Now will be streaming the whole presentation for anyone interested.

1 Like