Nine Network 2019

The former executive producer of Studio 10, and who also previously worked for Nine News, said on his podcast last week he believes that Today may get axed. And The Daily Mail is continuing to regurgitate the story that Ben Fordham will replace Karl Stefanovic next year. Changes need to be made, but axing it is not the answer and neither is Ben Fordham, I think, if he is to be teamed up with Georgie Gardener. If Fordham was put with Deborah Knight then I think that’s better option.

1 Like

I doubt Your Gen will be back. Doctor Doctor should get another season. I expect the schedule to remain largely stable.

Bad Mothers, Travel Guides, This Time Next Year and 60 Minutes may kick start the year with Married At First Sight. That could be expanded.

Love Island will likely return.

I think The Voice has to be moved from airing after MAFS, maybe towards the end of the year with a shorter season. They might try to launch a new format after MAFS or move The Block up to get a head start on House Rules and take greater advantage of MAFS.

Perhaps some new dramas and variety/entertainment offerings will be announced, as well returning US content that does okay for them.

TV Tonight:

Nine will stage its Upfronts for 2019 late this afternoon in Sydney and is rumoured to be announcing an Aussie drama revival.

TV Tonight will be live tweeting announcements after 4:15pm. #9Upfront

The Upfronts event will have a shop front highlighting Nine key franchises across TV and digital and the goodies include The Block Monopoly games, The Voice speakers, Lego builder packs and other prizes. But first guests have to spin the lucky wheel.

1 Like

Are we expecting anything big from Nine today? Ten appear to have major announcements coming at theirs in two weeks but we haven’t really heard any whispers from Nine.

Pretty sure its already been renewed.

If the rumours are true, there may be a few new dramas planned.

McLeod’s Daughters revival? or Water Rats? Surely not another Underbelly.

They considered it last year and decided not to do it.

I don’t think reboots are the way to go but a new series set around Sydney Harbour could be good. Bite Club could have been a big hit if it wasn’t bogged down with the shark storyline.

You would hope not.

2 Likes

Flying Doctors maybe? Hurry up 4.30

No reboots. New ideas required.

1 Like

Dear god… expect Seven to counter with UBER Eats Eats :stuck_out_tongue:

Do recycled ideas from other networks count as new ideas for Nine?

I’m expecting a new crime factual to be rolled out given Seven has had success with that genre this year.

I’m hearing Sophie Monk has been signed up for something new. Is she still looking for love?

I’m hoping for reboots of Chains of Love and Shopping for Love. :smiley:

2 Likes

Young Lions.

I’m kinda with @JBar on this. We probably don’t need anything rehashed yet and if they did, I would suggest it be done as a major 2 hour telemovie event (one off) or mini series over two nights.

Maybe an announcement regarding Today and how it is heading next year? :thinking:

A couple of days ago New Idea reported that Fremantle Australia have purchased the rights to A Country Practice.

Now this is what we need. A good Australian family drama series.