Nine Network 2019

The blue balls and flag is just so over the top.

Would be nice if Ten were able to the same for theirs, but TenPlay doesnā€™t seem up for the task in its current state. Perhaps when Ten All Access rolls around if it ends up replacing itā€¦

1 Like

Yikes! I hope they get some relief soon. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

5 Likes

Iā€™m sure the new Married At First Sight cast can soothe the soul.

At the top of the list on the Android app.

1 Like

But seriously, that is nothing compared to the lavish Upfronts these TV networks have put on in the past. These have been some of the most extravagant presentations & parties in Australia.

Nine are a lot more exciting than the other commercials, Seven have become boring and predictable (reliant on older viewers and sport) and Ten have put out a lot of cheap crap. No, Nine arenā€™t perfect, but Iā€™m talking general ā€˜vibeā€™.

1 Like

Yep. These upfronts arenā€™t for the viewers. Theyā€™re for the advertisers who liked to be wined, dined and made to feel special/have their ego stroked. Thereā€™ll be plenty of booze inside to do that Iā€™m sure. If anything, like you said the balls and flag is probably toned down from previous events.

Stunned they are live streaming such a niche event but I guess itā€™s a good way to reach agencies who canā€™t make it to the upfronts in person.

8 Likes

Yes, I know someone who was a regular invitee to these network events and Iā€™ve heard some amazing stories over the yearsā€¦at least until about two or three years ago when the networks started cutting down the invitation list or didnā€™t have a big event at all. They really used to spend up big to impress the companies who might advertise with them.

1 Like

Because Nine are live streaming their 2019 upfronts to all on 9Now, along with media enthusiasts hoping to get some tantalising glimpses into how the industry works Iā€™m sure thereā€™ll be a few people at Seven & Ten tuning in! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Probably the thing Iā€™ve always wondered about these network upfront events is whether or not attendees sometimes get previews of new/updated network branding for the upcoming year in TV (something of great interest to this forum) before the general public does.

1 Like

GFC hit and a lot of cutbacks. Plus it never looks good if youā€™re making people redundant one moment and splurging on schmoozing the next.

2 Likes

Iā€™m sure I speak for all of us when I say thatā€™s a fantastic initiative!

7 Likes

Donā€™t think itā€™s suppsoed to be available for the public to view. I think it could be an error.

How can setting up live streaming on their website be an error?

2 Likes

Yeah, the stream on the 9Now app canā€™t be an error.

1 Like

Thereā€™s definitely a reason why theyā€™ve decided to stream the event as there is an increasing amount of interest from the general public about the television slate for 2019, the same reason why articles and stories get written about it, the networks post about the announcements on their official public facing social media channels and it helps to create a buzz about the year ahead etc.

3 Likes

Daryl and Ossie? :smile:

Kath & Kim

4 Likes

I think we can safely say Lego Masters will be a key focus of this afternoon. It sounds ridiculous.

2 Likes