Nine Network 2019

why?

The meteorologists at the other networks still rely on the BoM for all their information, they may just re-write it and present it differently. Who really cares if a meteorologist or a presenter just gives out the information, as long as it’s the information the bureau predicts?

Nine using the company logo rather than the network logo for this Upfronts promo. Is there a hint of change, Nine instead of 9? I hope not.

2 Likes

It would be funny if 9 became Nine just when Ten became 10.

3 Likes

The corporate Nine logo was used last year and usually for network events that aren’t Channel 9 specific, nothing to see here.

1 Like

Of course not. It’s a network-wide presentation, not just Channel Nine.

5 Likes

Would make for an interesting Christmas logo variation involving Santa’s sack

2 Likes

Nine had refiled its trademark application for Celebrity Roast. It may mean nothing.

It appears Nine Honey has changed its logo. Im not sure how long this has been the case though. On air elements still use the old logo, whereas online and social media has been updated to the newer version.

I meant to mention that the other day, I noticed it on the Nine.com.au site.

Previous version

New version

7 Likes

That gradient is ghastly.

6 Likes

…so too is that font, looks like something straight out of a children’s storybook! :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

The flat 2D variant on https://honey.nine.com.au/ looks good.

There are obviously 2D versions of both logos available as well, but the 3D ones are more commonly used on-air to suit Nine’s theme with those kind of logo used across the network.

I think the change takes it back to something similar when the site was previously know as Ninemsn Honey, the change is probably meant to make it look more feminine and ‘boutiquey’.

The old font was better. It looked contemporary and not retro like the new one.

4 Likes

Looks more like the Fairfax font.

you should see it on 9 News Now when they do the Honey segment - it’s been on air for over a week. It’s horrific

1 Like

Looks about 20 years out of date.

1 Like

Nine is one of several broadcasters attached in the production of a new six-part NZ-German thriller The Gulf. Set in New Zealand, The Gulf follows a detective investigating crimes on her home patch of Waiheke Island, but things unravel personally and professionally when she loses her memory in a car crash that kills her husband.
https://www.c21media.net/banijay-sails-into-the-gulf/

With upfronts tomorrow night, information should start trickling through tomorrow morning. I’m hopeful for a blitz on Australian drama.

Lets be honest because in 2019, it will be an interesting year for Channel 9.

• State of Origin matches will rise up by a fraction. The 2nd game at Optus Stadium, Perth will push ratings even further up for Perth and could be good.
  • The Ashes during mid-year - Will see ratings go up further than the previous Ashes Series in England back in 2015. Not sure whether 9Now blacks out the streaming of the test cricket coverage.
  • Can Nine save Australian Ninja Warrior from collapsing in ratings? This year, the ratings have collapsed from the previous season where it was soundly beaten by Masterchef Australia. I am expecting a change from having same contestants.
  • Since Nine axed NRL Footy Show, will the AFL Footy Show be on the chopping block? Rebecca Maddern quit this show, Sam Newman has recently announced his departure from the show. But the big thing is Eddie McGuire.
  • Today Show - Will there be some changes to the presenters line-up?
  • Will Talkin’ 'Bout Your Generation return to Nine in 2019?
  • Will Eddie McGuire save Hot Seat?
  • Are we going to see more dramatic stories unfolding Married at First Sight at the start of 2019?
2 Likes