Nine Network 2017

Sorry to be a pedant, but I think you guys mean 9Go! - Remember the slight rebrand late last year? :wink:

Anyway, I do agree that Hi-5 will most likely air on 9Go! alongside all the other C/P classification programs.

It was supposed to return after Easter this year but never did.

Thankfully, I think that the chances of a return for The Verdict are quite slim. If Nine really wanted to air the show this year, they probably would’ve done so by now.

2 Likes

Nine director of sales television Richard Hunwick has told News Corp that Love Child has been renewed for 2017 and it’s possible Hyde & Seek will follow suit.

Nine has picked up British documentary The World’s Deadliest Weather at MIPCOM at Cannes this week.

Seeming that Nine are Free from airing Any New US Scripted Content, Because they never rate Highly when it airs on the Main Channel.

Nine are getting in early with their Married at First Sight promos. I hope we are all ready for the 3 months of promos.

New show from Richard Wilkins announced - The A List

http://forums.mediaspy.org/t/the-a-list/2038

1 Like

Saw an ad last night for a show called ‘Travel Guides’ (or something like that) so it seems Nine are going to be “straight out of the gates” in bombarding viewers about their 2017 lineup

The Telegraph says Nine will buy the rights for Dancing With The Stars in the hope of “reviving” Sonia Kruger’s career.

1 Like

More like give a reason as to why Nine don’t want Sonia on The Voice.

2 Likes

It would be a stupid move if they do so. Nine already been burnt once trying to ‘revive’ a show which has ‘run its course’ on Seven in Australia’s Got Talent for them to do the same strategy again

7 Likes

Stupid idea if they try to revive Dancing with the Stars. I would be giving it a few years. Or a decade.

3 Likes

I’d personally like to see Dancing on Ice bought back with huge insurance claims, but maybe that’s because I’m a masochist.

6 Likes

Could be merged with a Hey Hey revival - Daryl hosting with Lavinia, Red judging and Wilbur in the band.

1 Like

I’d prefer a Dickie Knee from Dancing on Ice :smiley:

2 Likes

And it does help Nine’s brand which is known for revitalising rejected shows and talent. Plus who even ballroom dances anymore??

[quote=“Megalomaniacally, post:21, topic:1959, full:true”]
The Telegraph says Nine will buy the rights for Dancing With The Stars in the hope of “reviving” Sonia Kruger’s career. [/quote]
It’s going to take a lot more than that to revive her career now. Why would she do it after she specifically quit the show because she was sick of doing it?

1 Like

I agree, but Nine does have a stable of “stars”** that could milk the show for a year or two for 600-800k viewers

** ageing but still… some of them were stars back in the day. In their minds.

Indeed. Some should not be in the stable but sent to the knackery. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

David Campbell mentioned on Today Extra the other morning that Dancing With The Stars was now up for grabs and maybe Nine might pick it up.Wouldn’t surprise me that David and Sonia end up hosting but the biggest issue is the so called ‘stars’ every reject on Nine’s books will end up a star again ! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Networks really have an aversion to new content and formats.

2 Likes