Nine (NBN)

NBN bug isn’t on TCN… if that’s what you were wondering?

I know that, I meant NBN presentation have accidentally inserted the NBN bug across all NBN markets accidently

I think it’s a good reminder for channel surfers that NBN News is up next haha

4 Likes

I think that’s probably why they do it… but that there’s also a few NBN News updates during Hot Seat is also another reminder too.

4 Likes

It’s a shame Seven don’t do the same and give Tassie a clean feed of The Chase, or whatever is airing at 5pm these days. Tasmanians still get Melbourne news graphics etc during this show.

3 Likes

Christmas ID:

3 Likes

9NBN is now streaming live on 9Now.

I noticed it early this morning when I saw the “We Love it” station ID. Then I saw this local ad.

I’ll mention this on the NBN News topic too so we can check at 6pm

3 Likes

It might just be SSAI with the ads and IDs. But if they air NBN news then it’s most likely a full feed.

2 Likes

It’s a full feed for both Newcastle and Northern Rivers.

3 Likes

It’s full feed because it matches the TV exactly, even Big Dog shows up at 7:30pm

So we’ll be able to watch the Newcastle Dawn Service on 9Now too.

5 Likes

At what point does Big Dog become irrelevant and be sent to a retirement kennel in Cessnock? He hasn’t had a TV show on air for over 30 years.

All he does is go to bed, never seems to get out of it!

7 Likes

Maybe hes getting a little long in the tooth and all he does is go to bed and enjoy his retirement years

1 Like

Ok I have noticed when watching the stream it does chop and change between live feed and SSAI.

Usually when you first go to a break it can be SSAI, then it goes back to the live feed for local ads, local station IDs, Big Dog or NBN News promos and updates.

You can tell because sometimes SSAI finishes and cuts back to live when an ad is about to finish.

2 Likes

Coming up on the 25th April 2024, we’ll be able to watch live on 9Now too.

3 Likes

Do people in Newcastle really need the Nine spelt out, rather than 9? Surely it’s more recognizable than the corporate logo.

3 Likes

Yesss becoz uss Novokastreians kan’t speel.

6 Likes

Their using their corporate logo rather than the Channel Nine logo indicating NBN is part of the Nine Entertainment group not necessarily Channel Nine. Makes complete sense to me.

6 Likes

But then again, looks a bit inconsistent when the corporate logo isn’t used on air, or rarely, whereas the regular numeric logo is.

2 Likes

The ads glitch out sometimes on 9Now.

There were 2 local ads, Singo’s Meats and Newcastle Permanent but the SSAI ads finished late, so streamers were switched back to the live feed late, so we didn’t see Singo’s meats and only half the Newcastle Perm ad.

One of the local ads that got aired on NineNBN was the Broadmeadow Car Centre one, where some shouty salesman tells you to buy cash for your new car and that guy who tells you to not forget the trade-ins. Same concept as the Cardiff Select Cars one. Beautiful ad.

4 Likes

Forgive my ignorance, but what is SSAI?

1 Like