Nine (NBN)

Jeez what happened to the text in the second one.

1 Like

Can someone please explain why NBN is using a we love it ident to cover up sponsor billboards for some of Nine’s programs.
Some of these include the Logies, sports Sunday, 100% footy, after the verdict and emergency.
I’ve also noticed that NBN don’t use the metro sponsor billboards for Today and Weekend Today, unlike how 7Regional recently started doing this with Sunrise.

1 Like

The client has to pay to reach more households, if the deal does not include markets such as Northern NSW then it should be replaced or otherwise covered up if there is no client paying for such exposure.

2 Likes

Ok @Aurora that now makes sense.

1 Like

It’s interesting how regional networks/affiliates deal with having no local sponsor to cover over a metro one since the shift to dirty feeds. NBN still using local idents is great. It’s way better than a promo that will eventually get very old or a repetitive fake sponsor like WIN and their bloody Crawfords.

6 Likes

There must be quite a few gaps, as 9NBN air those localised “We Love It” IDs ALOT.

Taking notes from Imparja by the looks of it

2 Likes

The ad for WINs new “Change, Connect, Grow” sales campaign just appeared during NBN News, presumably due to WIN doing 9NBN’s sales.

Still felt strange seeing the WIN Network mappy during NBN News when its more closely associated with Channel 10 here.

7 Likes

Not closely associated by much. Barely 5 years.

WIN is more closely associated with 10 than with 9/NBN here!

99.999999% of the public (that don’t work in Newcastle media) wouldn’t otherwise have known than WIN now does 9NBN sales.

I though 9 do WIN’s sales now?

Only national sales.

2 Likes

Is anyone else hearing bad audio on 9nbn Newcastle tonight?

1 Like

Can someone please explain why nbn airs a slightly different sponsor billboard during the NRL, that includes the same sponsors as Nine metro.
What’s even more confusing is that nine does national sales for NBN but they won’t just the metro NRL sponsor billboard.
NBN airs nearly all metro sponsor billboards during prime time programming.

1 Like

NBN have just never been very consistent with branding.

1 Like

The best thing about renovating and getting rid of TV aerial: not seeing those &4&;$;$;$;!;!;!:$;!;$!:// We Love It nauseating freaking promos every 13 seconds.

4 Likes

In contrast, I don’t think i could live without an aerial, I love channel surfing, streaming isn’t as convenient and I don’t think it’s as reliable (Wollongong interference issues not withstanding, but I have other FTA options thankfully).

3 Likes

The downside of using catch up TV though is that every single “ad break” has almost the exact same ads. At least with broadcast TV there’s variety.

8 Likes

Is there such a thing as “presentation” now? Or is regional playout unattended?

This HD logo has been on the screen since the grand final, even during ads.

I remember when presentation was in Newcastle you could tell someone was there

3 Likes

The pay is so low now, all the experienced people are long gone.

And apart from that, I still do not know why some stations bother with ‘HD’ logos. All transmission should be at least HD by now. Bite the bullet networks, get all networks to agree to a full h.264 HD changeover date for all services and be done with it.

4 Likes