Nine (NBN)

Interesting take

Seems to me that streaming has largely reached its peak and is now declining

I think that comes from Netflix’s very recent numbers, but we have yet to see significant consolidation or multiple withdrawals of the many streamers in the system, that would signify the end of the industry’s growth phase. Once we see significant movement there, then the stronger players will be left in a more mature industry for the next phase.

That’s definitely a fair assessment

although with the next major recession looming companies like Netflix will have to figure how to actually turn a profit for once rather than just continuing to raise capital on the stock market

1 Like

This ad below appeared TWICE during NBN News tonight.

It doesn’t seem like an effective use of prime time airtime, surely they’d use it for something a bit more significant than a Sunday morning multi channel program?

1 Like

It looks like a local production

It’s for a Religious tv show so they would have paid for those slots.

1 Like

It’s an Aussie production (their office is in the Lake Macquarie area, Dora Creek to be exact), but airs internationally, with Gem just one of the channels that carries it. Interesting to see ads for it in that time slot though.

3 Likes

Also interesting how bodge it looks, too. Nine definitely didn’t make that!

Probably like those CPA infomercials that used to air on Nine on Sunday mornings to minuscule number of viewers but would get all manner of promotion in print and outdoor media, likely because CPA paid for them, not Nine.

3 Likes

Surfest ID

3 Likes
7 Likes

:rofl: How confusing these two NBN entities exist in Newcastle.

1 Like

I bet Big Dog couldn’t find the words to express his/her relief at being released.

2 Likes

Sponsor boards:

Classification

Big Dog goodnight

3 Likes

I don’t understand why nbn can’t just use the nine metro sponsor billboards, especially now that nine is in charge of sales for win and nbn.

1 Like

Two more NBN billboards, including one for The Block with dodgy “Proud Sponsor” font

4 Likes

Thanks again, it still feels weird seeing those Nine branded sponsor billboards during NBN News. Such a clash in branding.

1 Like

I am surprised they didn’t use the regular one from Nine. It was also being used when I was on the Gold Coast but I forgot to cap it, thanks for doing it!

I remember NBN using NBN News sponsor boards before the move to Honeysuckle, but now they just use the regular Nine ones, not Nine or NBN News.

1 Like

Not much different to seeing Seven-branded sponsor billboards during The Latest. Or network-branded billboards during any of the morning shows.

More joint branding for NBN during the bulletin would be a good thing though, like The Latest.

1 Like

I was watching the Block on Wednesday night. I saw the generic channel 9 Metro sponsored billboards along with one for NBN.

1 Like